Cake Board Comments

Decorating By overindulged Updated 23 Mar 2010 , 3:19am by mamawrobin

overindulged Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 12:42am
post #1 of 8

I made a very cute birthday fondant cake for a friend's 4 y/o for free of charge... well, sorta free cuz she's sewing a couple things for my DD's bday party... Anyhoo, she posted pics on FB of the cake, and of course it got some "cute cake' comments, but one lady wrote "Cute cake, too bad its made on a cardboard box" WTF? I used foamcore board covered with the Wilton Foil. what did she want it on? A silver platter? I make and use these boards because I know if I loan out my cake platters, I take the chance of not getting them returned. GRRR.

7 replies
deah Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 12:56am
post #2 of 8

What a ugly comment to make! Don't worry about it. You did the right thing. We all use cardboard or foam core boards.

LindseyLoocy Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 12:59am
post #3 of 8

That's just rude, and had that person made a comment like that on one of my pictures, cake or not, i'd remove it or at least set her straight! Some people just can't make a compliment.

tastyart Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 12:59am
post #4 of 8

That was a pretty harsh comment. I understand about the platters not coming back. I use a cardboard "platter" under mine too. I wouldn't worry about the comment. Some people don't know how to be nice.

overindulged Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 1:08am
post #5 of 8

thanks. considering it was a free cake and it was a cute cake... it was my friend who posted the pics so i have no control over deleting comments so I wrote: "Cardboard Box? And what do grocery cakes come on??"

tastyart Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 1:12am
post #6 of 8

Good point.

justducky Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 1:22am
post #7 of 8

I use cake drums (as many baker do). I was bringing a cake into a venue last week and a lady on her way out said to her husband " oh that is that fondant stuff and I recognize that plate. I know where those cakes came from". She was very happy with herself.

The funny part is, the cake from last week was not mine, but from a very high profile baker in the area. We just happen to both use cake drums icon_biggrin.gif

mamawrobin Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 3:19am
post #8 of 8

I don't understand people that have to make such remarks. I don't blame you for being upset. I don't understand these people that make remarks like that on fb. It makes them look bad in my opinion.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%