Transport Waiver

Decorating By halleyec Updated 23 Mar 2010 , 1:54am by dguerrant

halleyec Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
halleyec Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 11:11pm
post #1 of 4

I originally posted a question about transporting a 3 tier wedding cake where the bride wants a family member to deliver to the reception.

i am not wanting to do a waiver where i will take no repsonsibility once the cakes leaves my premises.

Does anyone have such a waiver that i could have a look at.

Want also wanting to include some transporting instructions

HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED

3 replies
mthiberge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mthiberge Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 11:25pm
post #2 of 4

You don't need a waiver. Once they pick it up it's their responsibility....period. What happens if you buy a cake at your local grocery store and get it home and it falls off the kitchen table?? Do you think if you go back to the grocery store that they'll make you a new one or refund your money?? I seriously doubt it. That's why there is a delivery and set up charge....if they don't want to use you then it becomes THEIR problem...

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 11:47pm
post #3 of 4

I have people sign a waiver/pickup form when they pick up anything from me. It just basically says that the order is to their satisfaction upon pickup and once it leaves my care, I am not responsible for any damage that may occur after that. I just make sure to show them the cake/cupcakes, whatever they are picking up, sign the form, and send them out the door. Unfortunately with some of the crazy things some people try to pull, you can never be too careful.

dguerrant Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dguerrant Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 1:54am
post #4 of 4

not only do i show them, i also take pics. i have such a hard time letting go of a cake that i have worked 10 -14 hours on to an unexperienced cake delivery person (aka client, friend, what ever) so for those cakes i suggest that it be best that i deliver the cake for a fee to insure there is no cracks, or damage during the transport. i don't want people to see one of my cakes and think i messed it up, so for the special ones, i deliver them, even sometimes for free to insure their safety.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%