Your Fav Icing Colors, And Flavorings?

Decorating By dl5crew Updated 23 Mar 2010 , 11:51pm by prterrell

dl5crew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dl5crew Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 10:28pm
post #1 of 5

I am aware of the creme bouqute flavoring. Do you have a favorite brand for icing color and flavorings?

I need a very dark green and purple icing colors for the upcoming wedding cake that I'm doing. I'm trying to figure out the best brand or most favored brand.

HELP!!!! I am extremely nervous about this cake.

4 replies
dl5crew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dl5crew Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 10:33pm
post #2 of 5

I'm going to try to load a picture of the cake that I am going to be attempting to create. I have no idea who the original creator of this cake is. I would like for them to get credit, where credit is due.
LL
LL

The_Lil_Cakehouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Lil_Cakehouse Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 10:50pm
post #3 of 5

I love americolors, as far as flavorings, I have not stepped out of the box on that yet! still using just almond and vanilla, but somewhere there is a thread that is called Gourmet Flavors, I will try and find it and post it.

ETA: here's the link: http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=614554&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

DsLady614 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DsLady614 Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 1:46am
post #4 of 5

I use LorAnn's oils for some of my flavors. They are VERY concentrated so it doesn't take much and they come in all sorts of yummy flavors. The champagne I use is one of my most popular flavors.

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 11:51pm
post #5 of 5

I use Americolor and CK brand color.

As far as icing flavor goes, I have a really really long list of flavors, probably around 30 different icing flavors.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%