How To Make A Camouflauge Fondant Cake?

Decorating By Pearl645 Updated 23 Mar 2010 , 2:14am by Pearl645

Pearl645 Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 7:54pm
post #1 of 5

Hi all,

Does anyone have experience making a camouflage fondant cake? I looked on other sites and people recommended airbrushing the fondant.I don't have an airbrush kit as it is very expensive and I'm investing heavily in a lot of cutters, moulds etc. Any other options? Currently,I'm trying to get a local general airbrush artiste to see if he/she could help me out.

4 replies
seahill Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 8:00pm
post #2 of 5

I made the colors in MM fondant, (army green,black,brown) tore small pieces and over lapped them,by pressing with the heal of my hand, then rolled with a rolling pin. Looked great on an army tank cake.

rayven Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 8:08pm
post #3 of 5

Sharon Zambito shared this on our tutorial site. It might help some!

http://sugarteachers.blogspot.com/2010/03/fondant-camo-hat.html

cvigil Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 8:31pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahill

I made the colors in MM fondant, (army green,black,brown) tore small pieces and over lapped them,by pressing with the heal of my hand, then rolled with a rolling pin. Looked great on an army tank cake.

Yup, That is exactly what I do. Good luck!

Pearl645 Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 2:14am
post #5 of 5

Hey

Thanks seahill and rayven for your help! Feel confident I can do it now.The link you posted rayven is excellent.Hope others can learn a lot from the tutorial.

I made MMF for the 1st time for my bday cake and it was excellent.It is so much easier than making fondant with all those ingredients and measuring and weighing and ugh.

Will post a pic of the camo cake once my client makes her downpayment.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%