Chocolate Chip Flower Cookies

Baking By CAKEARTIST Updated 12 Apr 2010 , 10:11pm by frankdiabetes

CAKEARTIST Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CAKEARTIST Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 6:46pm
post #1 of 15

Do you think that if I take my chocolate chip cookie recipe and use a flower shaped cookie cutter that after it bakes it will still look like a flower?

14 replies
cdavis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cdavis Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 6:58pm
post #2 of 15

Probably not as much as you would like for it to. The things you can do to keep your cookies from spreading are -- bake well chilled cookies, always bake on a cool cookie sheet and don't use an airbake type of cookie sheet. I use airbake sheets for things I want to puff and plump and the other standard type for those things I want crisp and to hold their shape. Good luck to you.

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 7:03pm
post #3 of 15

You could change up your recipe to a stiffer one - more like a sugar cookie recipe that would hold its shape, but with chocolate chips and some brown sugar. You would have to experiment with the recipe a bit, and they wouldn't taste totally like a traditional chocolate chip cookie, but they could be pretty yummy!

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 7:03pm
post #4 of 15

If you don't have to make too many, you could use mini chips and then press them into a flower shaped cookie pan, I think Wilton sells them?

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 7:31pm
post #5 of 15

You could also bake the recipe in a jelly roll pan and then cut your shapes from the baked rectangle.

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 8:52pm
post #6 of 15

I've never tried these myself, but somebody recommended them in another thread on this subject: http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/detail.aspx?ID=29664

CAKEARTIST Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CAKEARTIST Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 7:45pm
post #7 of 15

Thanks for all the tips and suggestions!

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 8:22pm
post #8 of 15

I remember someone posted a recipe for rolled chocolate chip cookie dough a while back, but for the life of me I can't remember who... and I can't find the thread. I'll keep looking, though!

nicoles0419 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicoles0419 Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 1:15am
post #9 of 15

u could bake a giant cookie and cut out the flowers after its baked

stellaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stellaz Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 7:45pm
post #10 of 15

Karens cookies dot net has a wonderful rolled chcolate chip cookie recipe.

marcy11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marcy11 Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 7:57pm
post #11 of 15

If you only need a few and have a lot of time...you can press the cookie dough right into the METAL cookie cutter and bake it in the cuter....the cuter comes right off after it is baked and the cookie holds the shape perfectly! Whenever I bake chocolate chip cookies...which is very often, my kids each pick out a different metal cutter to make a shaped cookie. I guess this would depend on how many you need and how much time you have, but it is the best method I have found so far!

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 10:16pm
post #12 of 15

I think it was GeminiRJ who mentioned the Chocolate Chip Cookie Cut-out recipe found here:

www.karenscookies.net/Cookie-Decorating-Recipes_ep_68-1.html#recipe08

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 11:03pm
post #13 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyLH

I think it was GeminiRJ who mentioned the Chocolate Chip Cookie Cut-out recipe found here:

www.karenscookies.net/Cookie-Decorating-Recipes_ep_68-1.html#recipe08

that's what I thought, but I wasn't sure... thanks, Tracy!

cakewitch85 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakewitch85 Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 9:55pm
post #14 of 15

Hi everyone, karen recipe and http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/detail.aspx?ID=29664
are the same exact ones. It taste good and keep it shape.

frankdiabetes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frankdiabetes Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 10:11pm
post #15 of 15

I've used that recipe...it keeps its shape surprisingly well and tastes pretty good.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%