Dh Strawberry Cake Mix As Wasc?

Baking By JCE62108 Updated 22 Mar 2010 , 6:42pm by karenm0712

JCE62108 Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 5:32pm
post #1 of 7

I have a customer who would like a strawberry cake this weekend. I was thinking of just using the DH strawberry in my WASC recipe. Ive never tried the DH strawberry before. Is it any good? Its not gross or fake tasting, is it? When adding flavor what about a little lorann strawberry or some amoretti swirl?

Ive got recipes that state to add fresh strawberries and all that, but this is just a 4" cake for the top tier. Im trying to keep the recipe simple if I can. icon_smile.gif

6 replies
grama_j Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 5:41pm
post #2 of 7

I"ve used it and my customers REALLY like it........ If I need added flavor for a cake , I usually add a little jello powder...... I never found it necessary to add anything extra to this cake mix.......

JCE62108 Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 5:43pm
post #3 of 7

Thank you!

superwawa Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 5:56pm
post #4 of 7

I've never used it with an extender (such as the WASC recipe) but it is a really yummy mix. Without an extender it does not need extra strawberry flavor added IMO. Also, I filled my layers with BC with slices of fresh strawberries and it was very well-received.

daltonam Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 6:18pm
post #5 of 7

I use DH strawberry, I just use milk & strawberry puree (no set amount as I usually am making a strawberry filling, so it's whatever is leftover from that.....maybe a little more milk than puree) to equal the water in the directions, vanilla pudding & 4 eggs, plus the oil that is called for.

daltonam Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 6:21pm
post #6 of 7

Oh, I will agree with superwawa.....if I didn't have strawberry puree I'd still make it. (I just always use milk & pudding in a mix so that's nothing special for the strawberry mix.)

karenm0712 Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 6:42pm
post #7 of 7

Perfect timing for this post! I was going to try the WASC version of the Strawberry cake too. Grama_j - do you make it straight from the box or do you doctor it up?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%