How Do I Make A Cupcake Bouqet?

Baking By princesscatt Updated 2 Apr 2010 , 10:27pm by tarheelgirl

princesscatt Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 4:51pm
post #1 of 13

Looked online for some basic instructions, like what to use to anchor the cupcakes, etc... any tips or know of any online instructions??

Thanks.

12 replies
windemire Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 4:57pm
post #2 of 13

This might help:

princesscatt Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 1:37am
post #4 of 13
Quote:

You are awesome! Thanks for sharing...I would have just shoved some skewers in cupcakes and then into cabbage or something! LOL....another questions..what size tip did you use to do the roses?

Redsoxbaker Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 9:18am
post #5 of 13

KHalstead,
You just hot glue them to the bucket and then hot glue the cups together so they are stabilized? What a great idea! I would never have thought of that! Thanks for sharing. I think I'll try one for Easter icon_cool.gif

KHalstead Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 8:17pm
post #6 of 13

Yep, and it's SO much cheaper than buying the foam balls (a 6" foam ball is $6 where i live!!!) that's why I tried to figure out an alternative.

For the roses on the mini cupcakes I use a regular 104 rose tip...........for the roses on a the standard cupcakes (the 7 cupcake pink bouquet in the spotted flower pot), I used a large rose tip I believe it's a 125.

hth

princesscatt Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 11:23pm
post #7 of 13

Is it easier to frost them once they are placed in the cup or do you frost before and let the icing crust in the fridge?

RetiredNavyChief Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 2:59pm
post #8 of 13

I just made some over the weekend and had that same trouble with them wanting to fall off or the toothpick poking through the icing. The minis worked better, I found myself anchoring them against the side of the pot. I still have more to do, so i am off to sams or the party sale store to find these cups. I used the 1M on both large and mini cup cakes. love the look.

princesscatt Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 11:54am
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

Yep, and it's SO much cheaper than buying the foam balls (a 6" foam ball is $6 where i live!!!) that's why I tried to figure out an alternative.

For the roses on the mini cupcakes I use a regular 104 rose tip...........for the roses on a the standard cupcakes (the 7 cupcake pink bouquet in the spotted flower pot), I used a large rose tip I believe it's a 125.

hth

I am using both techniques. I put a piece of foam in the bottom of the pot, poked holes in the bottom of plastic cups, inserted a skewer and then put the other end in the foam. I'll keep you all posted!

KHalstead Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 7:59pm
post #10 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by princesscatt

Is it easier to frost them once they are placed in the cup or do you frost before and let the icing crust in the fridge?

I always frost before hand, pop them in the freezer to firm them up, and then pop them into the cups. I spin my cupcakes as I ice them so it would be almost impossible for me to do it with them already in the cups!

misserica Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 4:28pm
post #11 of 13

KHlastead, thank you for posting the link and sharing. Your bouquets are awesome. I called my mom in to see all of your pictures, she loved the last one in the polka dot pot with pink cuppies. I think I am going to try to make one for Easter now.

princesscatt Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 9:02pm
post #12 of 13

For some reason I could not attach a picture...check out my newly uploaded pics...thanks for all your advice!!

tarheelgirl Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 10:27pm
post #13 of 13

KHalstead- this was the best tutorial! I have made these before and they were falling all over the place. So easy.. I didn't have the plate to use for the pot to sit in for delivery so I used a egg crate! Worked like a charm! Thanks again! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%