Cheese Cake As Wedding Cake

Decorating By Rochelle1 Updated 25 Mar 2010 , 7:07pm by Rochelle1

Rochelle1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rochelle1 Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 4:41pm
post #1 of 4

I live in a tropical country (Jamaica) and persons are requesting Cheese cake as their wedding cake. I am however worried about cheese cake as a display cake sitting at that temperature for a few hours, it may be harmful when eaten. Do you think it is ok?

My other problem is what type of Icing to use for a cheese cake. Will I be able to use fondant? I am worried about putting it back in the refrigerator after decorating. Or should I just use a Buttercream design? Should I use marzipan? I don't think I should on a cheese cake.

Suggestions would be appreciated

Rochelle

3 replies
antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 5:29pm
post #2 of 4

http://www.elegantcheesecakes.com/

This company specializes in it, the exterior icing looks like fondant....but might be something like modeling chocolate too? They ship them, so they'd encounter the same issues as you (regarding coverage, perishability, temps, etc) but they seem to have success with it icon_smile.gif

Rochelle1 Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 9:25pm
post #3 of 4

But do you think they are going to share trade secrets? Well it can't hurt to try. I already know what will happen if they say no. I'll be right were I am now. No surprise there. A yes however put me in a better place.

Rochelle1 Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 7:07pm
post #4 of 4

They were most helpful concerns were put to rest. Thanks once again for info

Rochelle

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%