Expert Bakers Please Help.......what Would I Need?

Business By geri4292adams Updated 24 Mar 2010 , 12:38pm by minicuppie

geri4292adams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
geri4292adams Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 2:15pm
post #1 of 6

To all the Professional baker's out there who own their own commercial business, My Mother and I are wanting to open up a small cake bakery in a small town. My question to you all is what equipment will I need to start it up. Just the basic's for now and if it takes off, then I'll get into more elaborate things.

What to you would be completely necessary to start.

BTW I found a building that I can rent for $400.00 a month that's right on the main strip in town and to make things even better, it's right across the highway from all the schools. LOL I don't think I can pass up this oppurtunity.

5 replies
TamathaV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TamathaV Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 7:55pm
post #2 of 6

Hi Geri!

You may want to try reading up on the cake decorating business forum. If you do some back reading you'll find some answers to this very question. If you don't, try posting this query there and you'll probably have a better responseicon_wink.gif

Good luck!

Tammy

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 8:02pm
post #3 of 6

You also want to contact your area's health department. They can give you the list of requirements that you need to pass inspecition.

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 11:10pm
post #4 of 6
geri4292adams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
geri4292adams Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 3:51am
post #5 of 6

thanks you guys for the help.

minicuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minicuppie Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 12:38pm
post #6 of 6

You need an unforgettable siggy recipe. One that makes people say "lets go to * for their *".... maybe what's his name from the Food Network will come spotlite your business.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%