Anyone Else Recut Their Cookies After Baking?

Baking By Phyllis52 Updated 22 Mar 2010 , 8:51pm by chefjulie

Phyllis52 Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 10:19am
post #1 of 9

I was just wondering if anyone else recuts their cookies with the cookie cutter to match the exact shape of the fondant top so it looks nice and neat.

I'm not sure who gave the tip on CC, but thank you very much!

8 replies
indydebi Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 11:24am
post #2 of 9

yep. here's the thread with 2 examples: http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=649283&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=tshirt&&start=0 (NOte: the links on page one may not work properly but they are corrected on page 2)

TracyLH Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 2:24pm
post #3 of 9

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I was just going to say that IndyDebi does and has great results, but you have heard from the master herself. icon_lol.gif I think it is a brilliant idea. One of her many.

mamawrobin Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 3:20pm
post #4 of 9

After reading Debi's post awhile back I ALWAYS recut my cookies. Before I could never make a pretty cookie. I never thought of this on my own icon_redface.gif

Phyllis52 Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 4:13pm
post #5 of 9

Thank you indydebi - you always know the answer! I can't tell you how much help I've gotten from CC.

Phyllis

LeckieAnne Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 4:17pm
post #6 of 9

Not to even attempt to give contradictory advice to indydebi, but...

I use the NFSC recipe - and pop them in the freezer for 2-3 minutes before I bake them, and they don't spread or lose their shape.

maladymay Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 6:57pm
post #7 of 9

I have before, and while it makes for a perfect cutout after it's baked, I don't like the ragged edges it gives the cookies... Just my opinion on that.

bonniebakes Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 8:51pm
post #8 of 9

in another post recently someone (I can't remember who now - was it Gemini?) suggested something she has done with gingerbread. 1/2 way through the baking, take the cookies out and re-cut the edges then stick them back in for the remainder of the time. Apparently this is supposed to have nice clean edges, and have the exact size cookie.

chefjulie Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 8:51pm
post #9 of 9

I've tried it too, but wasnt thrilled with the edges. To me, it seemed a little sloppy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%