Pink Cupcakes

Baking By SJEmom Updated 24 Mar 2010 , 1:02am by SJEmom

SJEmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SJEmom Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 4:52am
post #1 of 8

On my 3 year old niece's birthday I promised that when she came to visit me that I would make her pink cupcakes. As last minute plans, my parents are bringing her with them to visit next week...just before the holiday of Passover (which we fully celebrate). I usually bake with DH cake mixes, but I don't want to make that many cupcakes - I have to get rid of all baked type stuff and baking stuff before the holiday. I need a recipe that I can halve (and add coloring to) to make pink cupcakes - and it all must be easy. I plan to give them to her the day she arrives (before the holiday, so it doesn't have to be a Passover cake recipe). Thankfully I have leftover BC from a previous cake and some of it is even pink.

thanks for your help

7 replies
ramacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ramacake Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 5:06am
post #2 of 8

If you don't mind using a mix, you could get a white "Jiffy" cake mix. I think most grocery stores carry them, and they are smaller and would only make maybe a dozen or so. And it could easily be colored.

The_Lil_Cakehouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Lil_Cakehouse Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 5:16am
post #3 of 8

strawberry is pink, then you don't have to color it.

scanners2003 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scanners2003 Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 5:20am
post #4 of 8

I know that here in the Northeast we can get DH in a small box mix that makes 12 cupcakes. Did you look in your local stores? I found it in all our Walmarts and also in Big Lots.

SJEmom Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 6:29pm
post #5 of 8

I have seen those cupcake boxes before, but of course not when I want them. I found a box of "Jiffy" yellow cake mix. I have never made that before...hope it tastes decent. Also hoping that I can get a pinkish color with the yellow cake. Aside from the Yellow cake mix they mostly had muffin mixes.

leilameemacoleman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leilameemacoleman Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 12:32am
post #6 of 8

If you add a bit of red food coloring (you don't need much) to a duncan hines white cupcake mix you should get the delicious pink cupcakes you are looking for icon_biggrin.gif

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 11:45pm
post #7 of 8

I've baked with the Jiffy cake mix a long time ago when I was in college. It tasted just as good as DH or BC mixes.

SJEmom Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 1:02am
post #8 of 8

Thanks everyone for your replies. It turns out that I will have to let her down. I have a disk issue in my neck and although I love to bake, my husband says it is one more thing that I don't have to do and therefore I shouldn't do it. (even though I know that making 12 cupcakes and piping on already made BC wouldn't make it worse - it won't help it get better) icon_cry.gif So, I am a bit sidelined. I may just buy some at a bakery or just promise them to her for her next visit.

Thanks anyway for your advise!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%