Looks Like Another Scam...anyone Else Get This?

Decorating By loriemoms Updated 22 Mar 2010 , 2:10pm by Caths_Cakes

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 4:39am
post #1 of 7

Remember the Happy Married Life scam that has been going around? I think I got an email today that is simliar to it. (I dont give lessons nor advertise lessons) here is the email I got: I deleted it immediately but wanted to make sure if anyone else got it to be careful!

Hello,
How are you doing today ? My name is Dickson BrooksI want to book for Cake Decorating Classes with you while on a 3weeks holidays in your country.We are a group of 10 people seeking for Cake Decorating training while on holidays and as part of our plans we need Cake Decorating classes/private lessons.

We shall be needing a Cake Decorating classes for the whole 3weeks in your area.
I would like to book for 3weeks classes for 3 hours each day Monday to Saturday (morning hours) for a group of 10. We are asking for 3 hours per day for 3 weeks - Monday - Saturday. A total of 36 hrs
Do you have a training facility where you conduct classes? We can arrange for this,if not available. Do you have rooms or is there any hotel close to your facility?
DATE: 7THMay2010 TO 21May2010
I would love to know the possibility of working with you during this period.Kindly get back to me with your proposals so that we can make booking asap.
The group would be performing for a group of family members over there. I would love to get the total cost or a quote/estimate. What are your payment options? Do you accept credit cards? I would be grateful if you will be willing to do the work to teach quality classes and make us happy
Regards
Dickson Brooks

6 replies
Bfisher2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bfisher2 Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 4:55am
post #2 of 7

hmmmmmm..... did you notice his name starts with dick...*LOL*.... I wouldnt answer that either...

KS421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KS421 Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 12:34pm
post #3 of 7

I remember reading that same letter in another scam alert. Very strange the things people do.

KarmaStew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KarmaStew Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 12:40pm
post #4 of 7

WTH. Peforming? Are they a circus?

Who gives classes for three hours a day every day for three weeks.

Sheesh. What'll they think of next.

katnmouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katnmouse Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 12:43pm
post #5 of 7

When would 10 cake decorators travel together????
The only way that would happen would be if they were traveling with a tour group specifically designed for them...in which case the tour agency would have ALREADY made all the arrangements for classes, visits, etc.

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 1:55pm
post #6 of 7

hahaha when I got that email, I also thought of some sort of cirdesole troupe that juggles cake while piping on them or something?

I guess these scammers must really think we are stupid?

Caths_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caths_Cakes Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 2:10pm
post #7 of 7

Some one else also posted having recieved this email a few weeks back on here, definately a scam, it amazes me to think of what they come up with!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%