Viva Towel Sticking To My Bc!!!

Decorating By cakeaddictunite Updated 21 Mar 2010 , 3:56am by cakeaddictunite

cakeaddictunite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeaddictunite Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 3:34am
post #1 of 4

Help! everytime I go and try to smooth my BC with a viva towel and I pull it off it pulls off the icing! How long do I need to let it crust? I let it sit for 30 min. in the fridge. icon_cry.gif

3 replies
mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 3:36am
post #2 of 4

DO NOT PUT YOUR ICED BC CAKE IN THE FRIDGE!!!! It isn't going to crust because you put it in the fridge. It will be ready for the viva paper towel in about 5 minutes if you just ice and don't put it in the fridge. I start smoothing mine almost immediately. DON'T REFRIGERATE!!!!

LeckieAnne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeckieAnne Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 3:46am
post #3 of 4

Can I assume you are using a crusting buttercream, right? You only need to let it sit (on the counter) for 10 minutes or so. Just long enough for the very top to crust a bit and paper towel doesn't stick. BUT - if you let it sit too long - it will crack when you try to smooth it. And, yes, if it's crusting buttercream - it won't crust in the fridge.

If you take it out now - let it come to room temp and crust (just keep checking it every 10 mins or so) it should still work then.

cakeaddictunite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeaddictunite Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 3:56am
post #4 of 4

thank you LeckieAnne and mamawrobin its sitting on the counter and when its room temp I will try it again. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%