I Will Never Cover A Cake In Mmf Again!

Decorating By kerri729 Updated 21 Mar 2010 , 3:22am by mamawrobin

kerri729 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kerri729 Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 2:00am
post #1 of 7

Ahh, I praise all of you who can do it without issues, I usually use it for accents, etc. I covered the middle tier of a TT cake with it, and it wrinkled, tore, gave me all sorts of issues. Then I covered the other two tiers in SI, much easier to handle, even though I tore that in a couple of places thanks to my fingernails......but, I did it, my first tiered cake covered all in fondant. The birthday girls liked it- I can see so many flaws, but turned out good. The best thing was my DH is so creative, suggesting marshmallow for the alternating ball around the cake, which I think turned out pretty cool! He's so creative! So, here's the piece of work here.....
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1617913

6 replies
The_Lil_Cakehouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Lil_Cakehouse Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 2:02am
post #2 of 7

Good job! TT's are hard to cover in any fondant! icon_smile.gif You did great!!

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 2:21am
post #3 of 7

You did a great job! I find it is easier to use the MMF if I warm it in the microwave first, then roll it on a vinyl mat and flip it over on the cake. All the fondant cakes in my pics are MMF. That is a very cool cake!

robyndmy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robyndmy Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 2:21am
post #4 of 7

Agreed, TT's sound really tricky, so congrats on making this one look great! And I really like the contrast of shapes that the marshmellows gave, very cool. icon_smile.gif

rachpizano Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rachpizano Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 2:55am
post #5 of 7

I have found that MMF is a lot harder to use then store bought. Satin Ice taste pretty good. I know its more expensive but its worth not having the headache.

rachpizano Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rachpizano Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 2:56am
post #6 of 7

ohh forgot to tell you, The cake looks great!!

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 3:22am
post #7 of 7

Your cake looks awesome. Great idea to use the marshmallows for trim. I would have never thought of that! I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one that hates using MMF. I ALWAYS find it difficult to work with. I make Michele Foster's Fondant and it is so easy to work with and taste great.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%