I Am So Flippin Tired.....

Decorating By patticakesnc Updated 21 Mar 2010 , 2:08pm by ZoesMum

patticakesnc Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 5:30am
post #1 of 14

and want to go to bed. It is 1:27 am here and I am still working on the 300 cupcakes, the 8 inch cake and the grooms cake for my nieces wedding tomorrow.

She originally talked to me about doing her cake and then I heard no more. Come to find out she was having someone else do her cake (well cupcake tower). Needless to say I was hurt and a little offended. The lady to do them was a friend of the mother in law to be. Now she has called and said she cannot do it for her due to a sickness in the family. So they called me to help out and of course I will be there for her, but now due to shoving me aside to begin with it is causing me to have to stay up all night and I have to be at the venue early to set up..

Maybe I will just sleep through the wedding.....Hope I don't snore too loud.

13 replies
CakeRN Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 5:50am
post #2 of 14

Wow you are a better person than me. I would have said " Walmart is just down the road...sorry don't have time to do it" and would not have felt any remorse what so ever.

mamawrobin Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 6:05am
post #3 of 14

CakeRN, I'm with you.

auntbeesbaking Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 6:06am
post #4 of 14

Ouch! I hope you will get a blessing for your kindness and generosity!

LeckieAnne Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 6:07am
post #5 of 14

Awww - hang in there!

I made mini cakes for my cousin - her hubby to be did some remodelling in my basement for it so it wasn't for nothing - but still. I covered 1/2 with choc ganache and 1/2 were supposed to be white ganache - but my white chocolate wasn't working. I had to make buttercream and ice them all by hand and then decorate. So I was litereally up all nite, missed the wedding - but did get them to the reception on time. At one point I was so tired - I literally stood in my kitchen and cried. I feel for you. You're a sweetie for doing it for them, especially considering the snub before. But - maybe they felt obiligated to that other person for some reason.

You'll feel better when everyone raves over them tomorrow! icon_smile.gif

KarmaStew Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 8:45pm
post #6 of 14

Dang.... no way would i do it after all that.

Spuddysmom Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 8:54pm
post #7 of 14

Hope it all turned out okay for you! Get some sleep tonight! Remember karma....

KarmaStew Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 8:58pm
post #8 of 14

Well, there's karma, and then there's being a doormat.

tarheelgirl Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 9:04pm
post #9 of 14

Good for you! I just don't think I would be so kind! I actually told my cousin to go to Walmart after she was to get another baker to do her wedding cake. The baker had gotten sick and couldn't do it. I was completely BOOKED for that week! icon_cool.gif

patticakesnc Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 2:41am
post #10 of 14

Thanks everyone. I do love her very much, and I know she didn't mean to hurt me. I cried pretty much the entire 4 hrs we were there. She moves to Texas tomorrow with her new husband and it is just killing me.

The tower pics are in my photos now though.
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1617963

tarheelgirl Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 3:01am
post #11 of 14

Wow, great job! Beautiful stand! icon_biggrin.gif

Spuddysmom Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 5:15am
post #12 of 14

That is a neat stand and a whole lot of cupcakes last minute! Good for you!

JGMB Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 1:35pm
post #13 of 14

You're a wonderful, wonderful aunt!!! icon_razz.gif

ZoesMum Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 2:08pm
post #14 of 14

It turned out beautifully! You do indeed have some good karma coming your way!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%