I Am So Flippin Tired.....

Decorating By patticakesnc Updated 21 Mar 2010 , 2:08pm by ZoesMum

patticakesnc Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 5:30am
post #1 of 14

and want to go to bed. It is 1:27 am here and I am still working on the 300 cupcakes, the 8 inch cake and the grooms cake for my nieces wedding tomorrow.

She originally talked to me about doing her cake and then I heard no more. Come to find out she was having someone else do her cake (well cupcake tower). Needless to say I was hurt and a little offended. The lady to do them was a friend of the mother in law to be. Now she has called and said she cannot do it for her due to a sickness in the family. So they called me to help out and of course I will be there for her, but now due to shoving me aside to begin with it is causing me to have to stay up all night and I have to be at the venue early to set up..

Maybe I will just sleep through the wedding.....Hope I don't snore too loud.

13 replies
CakeRN Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 5:50am
post #2 of 14

Wow you are a better person than me. I would have said " Walmart is just down the road...sorry don't have time to do it" and would not have felt any remorse what so ever.

mamawrobin Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 6:05am
post #3 of 14

CakeRN, I'm with you.

auntbeesbaking Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 6:06am
post #4 of 14

Ouch! I hope you will get a blessing for your kindness and generosity!

LeckieAnne Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 6:07am
post #5 of 14

Awww - hang in there!

I made mini cakes for my cousin - her hubby to be did some remodelling in my basement for it so it wasn't for nothing - but still. I covered 1/2 with choc ganache and 1/2 were supposed to be white ganache - but my white chocolate wasn't working. I had to make buttercream and ice them all by hand and then decorate. So I was litereally up all nite, missed the wedding - but did get them to the reception on time. At one point I was so tired - I literally stood in my kitchen and cried. I feel for you. You're a sweetie for doing it for them, especially considering the snub before. But - maybe they felt obiligated to that other person for some reason.

You'll feel better when everyone raves over them tomorrow! icon_smile.gif

KarmaStew Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 8:45pm
post #6 of 14

Dang.... no way would i do it after all that.

Spuddysmom Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 8:54pm
post #7 of 14

Hope it all turned out okay for you! Get some sleep tonight! Remember karma....

KarmaStew Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 8:58pm
post #8 of 14

Well, there's karma, and then there's being a doormat.

tarheelgirl Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 9:04pm
post #9 of 14

Good for you! I just don't think I would be so kind! I actually told my cousin to go to Walmart after she was to get another baker to do her wedding cake. The baker had gotten sick and couldn't do it. I was completely BOOKED for that week! icon_cool.gif

patticakesnc Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 2:41am
post #10 of 14

Thanks everyone. I do love her very much, and I know she didn't mean to hurt me. I cried pretty much the entire 4 hrs we were there. She moves to Texas tomorrow with her new husband and it is just killing me.

The tower pics are in my photos now though.

tarheelgirl Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 3:01am
post #11 of 14

Wow, great job! Beautiful stand! icon_biggrin.gif

Spuddysmom Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 5:15am
post #12 of 14

That is a neat stand and a whole lot of cupcakes last minute! Good for you!

JGMB Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 1:35pm
post #13 of 14

You're a wonderful, wonderful aunt!!! icon_razz.gif

ZoesMum Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 2:08pm
post #14 of 14

It turned out beautifully! You do indeed have some good karma coming your way!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%