White Ganache...frozen For A Yr?

Decorating By joaaaann Updated 20 Mar 2010 , 12:36pm by joaaaann

joaaaann Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 5:29am
post #1 of 3

A bride and groom want to save their top tier cake ( with white ganache filling) till 1st anniversary...not possible, right (?) cuz of the dairy/heavy whipping cream used?

2 replies
windemire Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 6:32am
post #2 of 3

Everything I read says frozen ganache will last for about nine months in the freezer, before the quality suffers.

Is frozen, year-old cake every really good?? As long as they don't expect it to taste the same as it did on their wedding day, it shouldn't be a problem.

Have you thought about offering them a discount coupon good for a small fresh anniversary cake, instead?

joaaaann Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 12:36pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks for the reply. I decided not to fill the top tier with ganache and use butter-cream instead. I didn't think I was going to get a response after waiting a little while and it was after midnight as well as due in the morning so I just 'went with my gut' on that decision. I didn't know that was their intent till today or I could have researched in a timely manner. They have relatives that had done the ' 1 yr anniversary' with eating their frozen cake 1 yr later with a romantic picnic at the site they were married. I guess it's one of those 'tradition' things. Ahh, nothing like young love icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%