Cel Board

Decorating By caraleecupcake Updated 20 Mar 2010 , 10:30am by caraleecupcake

caraleecupcake Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 4:07am
post #1 of 5

So I'm taking a gum paste class tomorrow, and of course I wait til last minute to look at what I need to bring.... It says I need a Cel Board... obviously I don't have time to get one tonight, but is there some thing else I could use???

ps - I'm taking the class at the National Capital Area Cake show... maybe there will be vendors early in the AM so I can buy one?!

4 replies
Justforfun751 Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 4:26am
post #2 of 5

In a pinch, how about a smooth glass cutting board or even a glass tray out of a microwave? Wilton's practice boards are a little small... No matter what, it sure sounds like fun! icon_wink.gif

caraleecupcake Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 4:37am
post #3 of 5

thanks for the idea!! hope no one needs to micro tomorrow icon_biggrin.gif i'm sooo bad about getting all the materials i need... im always asking my "neighbor" to borrow lol

im excited for the class and show!!

icer101 Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 4:49am
post #4 of 5

the cel board has grooves that the teacher uses to make veins or whatever you call them to put your wire up thru . nick lodge always teaches with a cel board. who is the teacher. love to take g/p classes. hope you can get it there. sometimes the teachers has all this to sell. nick lodge always has them to sell.

caraleecupcake Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 10:30am
post #5 of 5

ok thats what i thought icer101...cuz I googled it and I saw the groves and stuff.... well im on my way! hope they have the stuff i can buy :-/ other wise i'll wing it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%