Really Need Help For Daughter's First Birthday

Decorating By SouthernCakeDesigns Updated 20 Mar 2010 , 4:39pm by SouthernCakeDesigns

SouthernCakeDesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SouthernCakeDesigns Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 3:56am
post #1 of 8

Hi! I am a newbie here! I love looking at all the cakes...every last one of you are so talented. I take my very first decorating class in 2 months. I have 6 children so this is way overdue!

I have a desperate question. My very last child will be 1 soon. She is the first girl I have had in over 14 years as her sister passed away (my second daughter). I have a daughter that is almost 15, my daughter that passed that would have been 14, a son that is 11, a son that is 7 and a son that is 2. All of a sudden, God blessed me with another girl, Caydee Faith! All of my kids are special of course! I just really want to go all out 100% girly for Caydee's birthday!

I am looking for a cake design that I can have made that consists of double or triple tiers but that is sparkley, princess like but totally candy shop based, like glitter, sparkles, cupcakes, lollipops, etc. Sorry this post was so long to get to the question, but can anyone help me find something similar to this? My eyes are so tired from searching! Thanks so very much! ♥ Alicia

7 replies
debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 4:08am
post #2 of 8

Hi and congrats on the classes!!!! If I were you I'd go to the search on the top of the page and put in those words that you wanted for cake ideas and up they will pop, it will give you like 4-5 pics then to the left it will say more pictures and click on that and voila the work is done for you. Top , left I meant. Good luck and happy hunting.

aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 4:13am
post #3 of 8

Hello alicia and welcome to cake central. You will find a lot of helpful information here!
First sorry to read in your post about the loss of your daughter.
I can relate to the girly princess theme birthday cake.
My grandaughter now for three ears has wanted princess theme cakes.
Are you making the cake? An easy way to go is with the wilton castle cake set up.
Most everything is there for you and you can costumize it any way you want. Colors, princesses, sparkley things.
I've don't a couple that you can see in my pics.
It will give you the height you want and is easy to use.
You can also order princess figures online (or go to dosney store and purchase there) you, online, can find sparkling sugars, dusts and so much more! Try global sugar art. I've delt with them numerous times with great success.
Hope this helps! Good luck and I would love to see your cake when completed. Let me know when you post the picture.

pearlydi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeckieAnne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeckieAnne Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 4:16am
post #5 of 8
aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 4:17am
post #6 of 8

****must be tired****
After re-reading:
I ment to say:
For three Years my grandaughter has had princess theme cakes.
You Can look at some castle cakes in my pics
And the Disney store has figures.
Sorry for the typos.

SouthernCakeDesigns Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 4:35pm
post #7 of 8

Awww thanks so much for EVERYTHING! You guys are so very helpful!!! ♥

SouthernCakeDesigns Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 4:39pm
post #8 of 8

By the way, I love the cake LeckieAnne! I could always change up the colors to be more baby friendly! Aundrea, I am definitely going to look into your suggestions as well. It would be awesome to do it myself and thanks for all the great info! Pearlydi, thanks so much! Those are so cute! Gives me more ideas!!! Thanks for the heads up Debster..I can now search for other things too for my boys icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%