Kids Say The Darndest Things And It Made Me Smile

Lounge By aquamom Updated 25 Mar 2010 , 7:08pm by Chasey

aquamom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aquamom Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 2:54am
post #1 of 11

My daughter and I talking about a baby shower we are attending tomorrow. I am making the cakes for the event.

She told me she wanted to come because she liked being the daughter of the person who made the cake.

Last year I made cupcakes to take to this same house and she said that when people talked about how good the cupcakes were she told people that her mom made them (big smile).

It's been making me smile all evening.

10 replies
tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 2:56am
post #2 of 11

now that is sweet. she is proud of her momma !! thumbs_up.gif

Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 3:02am
post #3 of 11

Love it!
icon_smile.gif

LeckieAnne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeckieAnne Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 3:31am
post #4 of 11

Awww! icon_smile.gif

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 1:00pm
post #5 of 11

I love that you both have such admiration for each other! It made me smile, too. icon_razz.gif

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 4:09pm
post #6 of 11

My DS (he's 11), brought cupcakes to his school for his birthday, and one of the kids said "these taste awesome" and he said "If you knew how long my mom spent on these, you'd think they tasted EVEN BETTER!!" LOL He didn't understand why the teacher and I laughed so much when she told me about the conversation!! gotta love it when your kids "get it"

Madiken Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Madiken Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 5:25pm
post #7 of 11

Kids are great! My kids are always bragging about my cakes but my BIGGEST fan is my friends 6 year old daughter. Everytime I see her she says "Hi! You make the best cakes ever!" When she introduces me to people she says "This is the best cake maker lady ever!" She is such a doll!

mrspriss0912 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrspriss0912 Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 1:07am
post #8 of 11

That was so sweet I love it , it made me smile too
I have a friend whose daughter will text me random cake photos and say "can you make me one of these?" I love it!

SuzyNoQ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SuzyNoQ Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 2:52pm
post #9 of 11

That is soo sweet. When I went to a baby shower recently my 4 year old was upset that the baby was getting a shower and not a bath, and we had to get soap to go along with the rest of the gift.

patticake1951 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticake1951 Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 5:22pm
post #10 of 11

That is cute. My 3 yr old dgs calls me grandma cakes. Every time I talk to him he wants to know where his froggy cake is. I made him a cake with frogs on it for his birthday last october.LOL

Chasey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chasey Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 7:08pm
post #11 of 11

When I was taking the Wilton classes, I would come home with my fake cake and let my 3 year old scrape off icing flowers and dig in.

Now, every time he sees me making a cake he always asks "Is that a cake for class or for me?" Either way, his 3 year old mind says he's getting some! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%