It's 9:30Pm, Not Received Balance For Delivery At 11Am

Decorating By JCE62108 Updated 21 Mar 2010 , 3:57pm by CAKE_NEWBIE

dreamcakesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreamcakesmom Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 2:48pm
post #31 of 53

I would attempt the delivery and see what they do when you show up. I would be worried that they try and come back to you later looking for their depoit back when they say you didn't deliver the cake. Also I agree with what someone else posted regarding whondering how old the girl is. I've had inquiries about twilight from teens but when I quoted a price I assume once the paying paretns heard I never got return calls.

JCE62108 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JCE62108 Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 3:20pm
post #32 of 53

She called me at 10:55am, saying her phone died and she just woke up. It sounded like she may have had quite a night last night. lol. She just paid and Im on my way to deliver. Thank goodness it worked out. icon_smile.gif

hilly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hilly Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 3:23pm
post #33 of 53

Oh good! The cake is gorgeous! I'm glad everything worked out icon_smile.gif

Sherry1030 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sherry1030 Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 3:26pm
post #34 of 53

Phew! I'm so glad for you! That cake is gorgeous!

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 4:01pm
post #35 of 53

LOL...I followed the new post link in my email and it took me to the posts made after my last post ( my screen on my laptop will only accomodate so much. So, I didn't see that you had uploaded pics to the thread.). I was reading other posters' comments on how nice your cake is. So, I clicked, assuming it was in your gallery, the photos button....I knew I messed up...um...uh...either that or what I thought was Twilight was completely wrong...LOL!

Great job on both cakes!

globalgatherings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
globalgatherings Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 4:28pm
post #36 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4cake

LOL...I followed the new post link in my email and it took me to the posts made after my last post ( my screen on my laptop will only accomodate so much. So, I didn't see that you had uploaded pics to the thread.). I was reading other posters' comments on how nice your cake is. So, I clicked, assuming it was in your gallery, the photos button....I knew I messed up...um...uh...either that or what I thought was Twilight was completely wrong...LOL!

Great job on both cakes!

Me too icon_lol.gif that is one big penis thumbs_up.gif where's the twilight cake?

globalgatherings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
globalgatherings Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 4:33pm
post #37 of 53

Oh, okay I found it, Very cool thumbs_up.gif

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 4:38pm
post #38 of 53

do u have a contract?

joy5678 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joy5678 Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 5:01pm
post #39 of 53

Maybe you should upcharge her for mental anquish! Agggggh!

terrig007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrig007 Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 5:24pm
post #40 of 53

So glad it worked out for you! The cake is beautiful. My friend in OH has a daughter that's 13 & she's going to a "Twilight" slumber party tonight so I guess they're quite popular. Her daughter Carolyn would love your cake as well.

ShopGrl1128 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShopGrl1128 Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 5:50pm
post #41 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by joy5678

Maybe you should upcharge her for mental anquish! Agggggh!

Well said.

You need to stick to your policies in order to keep your sanity if not, people will walk all over you; I would NEVER finish a cake if it not paid in full.

I normally require full payment at the time of booking if it's less than $200.00; if it's more, then the final payment is due 2 weeks before the event (4 weeks for wedding cakes).

If I book a cake within two weeks of the event they need to pay at time of booking, no exceptions, regardless the amount of money whether $50.00 or $1,000.00; I hate calling customers for payment, no money= no cake that's it.

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 6:36pm
post #42 of 53

Glad to hear that everything worked out for you. I'm sure they loved the cake.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 6:58pm
post #43 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCE62108

She called me at 10:55am, saying her phone died and she just woke up. It sounded like she may have had quite a night last night. lol. She just paid and Im on my way to deliver. Thank goodness it worked out. icon_smile.gif

Not buyin' it for one second! She "just woke up" five minutes before the cake is being delivered for a party? Five minutes before everything should be decorated and ready to go?

You called her bluff and she was busted on it. At the last minute, she realizes you aren't kidding.

Overslept my a$$.

JCE62108 Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 7:28pm
post #44 of 53

LOL Debi! I dont know but she was thrilled with the cake. I mean absolutly beside herself! I got 3 hugs from her! Im just glad that's over. I delivered another cake right after that and I got a hug from her too! Her friend screamed when she saw the cake. Happy scream, not a terror scream. lol. Today is the day of hugs. How did they know I needed that? LOL

OMG guys I totally forgot I uploaded that photo. That was so long ago. I usually dont upload my photos here because I have to upload them to facebook and my website and keeping up with all that plus uploading them all here...eh. No thanks. Maybe I should though. Maybe Ill get rid of that bachelorette party cake. Dont need to offend anyone. LOL

KarmaStew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KarmaStew Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 8:38pm
post #45 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by globalgatherings

Me too icon_lol.gif that is one big penis thumbs_up.gif where's the twilight cake?

NO WAY!

You wrote the word penis. Are you gonna be banished now?

JCE62108 Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 9:09pm
post #46 of 53

Penis isnt a swear word, its a part of human anatomy. icon_smile.gif

KarmaStew Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 11:19pm
post #47 of 53

Oy, I guess the sarcasm didn't really shine through in my post. icon_razz.gif

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 12:38am
post #48 of 53

JCE - that is great that it all worked out in the end. icon_smile.gif (now, stick to your guns on the next one that tries that on you!) thumbs_up.gif

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 4:20am
post #49 of 53

Love that cake!! Beautiful job on it!!

JCE62108 Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 1:15pm
post #50 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaStew

Oy, I guess the sarcasm didn't really shine through in my post. icon_razz.gif

lol guess that one went over my head. icon_rolleyes.gif

Thank you guys! Im so glad it worked out and Ive learned my lesson. icon_lol.gif

KarmaStew Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 1:20pm
post #51 of 53

LOL!

suzylynn58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzylynn58 Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 2:00pm
post #52 of 53

Beautiful cake! Sorry you went through all the hassle though. I can't believe people can be so irresponsible.

BTW - I am one of the Twilight fans that stood in line at Walmart Friday nite to get my copy of New Moon! After caking all day!!

CAKE_NEWBIE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CAKE_NEWBIE Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 3:57pm
post #53 of 53

Or maybe they r thinkibg you will drop it off and they will say oh let me just put the cake on the table and I will go get your money then slam the door in your face and not answer the bell or try and say something is wrong with the cake so they are not paying but they want to keep the cake too. Some people just love to try and get over its a shame.

Also how old is the girl that ordered the cake? Why didn't the mom place the order it seems like she is the one paying or has some type of deciding decision making power over the daughter.

This just seems fishy to me

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%