Hexagon Cake/how To Fondant?

Decorating By dalis4joe Updated 20 Mar 2010 , 1:31am by Peridot

dalis4joe Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 8:30pm
post #1 of 8

icon_eek.gif I have never ever done a hexagon cake....

icon_cry.gif any tutorials... pointers... link... ???

icon_razz.gif I would greatly appreciate any help I can get....

7 replies
rainbow_kisses Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 8:32pm
post #2 of 8

Just as you would a square cake, roll the fondant about 3" bigger than needed and start with the corners and smooth them into place and the sides should just fall into place and trim off the excess. It really is as easy as a round cake.

dalis4joe Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 8:35pm
post #3 of 8

but when you do a square cake.. u have to start with the corners... then smooth the rest... but it's a lot of corner lol..

prterrell Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 9:15pm
post #4 of 8

I have found that the hex cake is the easiest to fondant, compared to the round and square cakes I have covered.

chrissypie Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 9:28pm
post #5 of 8

well, I have not tried one yet, and can't remember the whole thing, but if you get Sharon Zambito's video, flawless fondant, she covers how to cover a hex on her DVD. It is an awesome video.

rainbow_kisses Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 10:15pm
post #6 of 8

It's only 2 more corners icon_biggrin.gif Just cup two opposite corners in your hands and smooth, turn the cake and cup the next two and then the last two. Smooth the straight sections and then smooth everywhere with your smoothers.

dalis4joe Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 11:51pm
post #7 of 8

You guys make it sound really easy AND... I'm starting to believe that it might just be that easy... the cupping my hands thing... I can see how that would work... I can't wait to do it...

Thanks you guys so much...

PS... I ordered Sharon's Buttercream.... need to order the fondant one next.... then the topsy turvy... I want them all...

Peridot Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 1:31am
post #8 of 8

Yes, yes to Sharon Zambito's Flawless Fondant DVD. EXCELLENT - she shows you how to cover several different shaped cakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%