Shapes Out Of Melted Chocolate/white Chocolate?

Sugar Work By Adrienne2931 Updated 22 Mar 2010 , 4:23pm by tiggy2

Adrienne2931 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Adrienne2931 Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 8:05pm
post #1 of 4

I am trying to make flat, decal-like shapes out of melted chocolate and white chocolate. I made one successfully by tracing a picture on parchment paper and then, using an icing bag and tip, tracing and filling in the picture with the melted chocolate. It turned out ok but I was trying to touch up some areas with a decorating brush and I ran into a slight problem. The chocolate is so thin it cools too quickly for me to finish touching up the designs. I was trying to think of a way to keep the shape warm enough that I can work with it but cool enough that it won't smear everywhere. Any suggestions are welcome.
My first attempt turned out fine/usable but the top of it has a swirled/bumpy effect instead of the smooth look that I want.
Thanks everyone.

3 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 8:17pm
post #2 of 4

Pipe design onto a report cover/accetate laying on a heating pad, on a towel.

Adrienne2931 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Adrienne2931 Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 4:08pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you so much. That worked wonderfully. My shapes turned out completely flat and I was able to take my time and put a little more detail on them. I didn't even have to use a towel over the heating pad because it had such a low setting that it work just fine without that barrier.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 4:23pm
post #4 of 4

You're welcome!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%