Last Minute Emergency Question...

Decorating By Ritakk Updated 19 Mar 2010 , 3:47pm by TexasSugar

Ritakk Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 3:07pm
post #1 of 7

I just did a spiderman colorflow, using the sugar, water, wilton dry eggwhites and cream of tarter! I plan on frosting cake with Buttercream Dream! How do I put spidey on cake? will the colorflow melt?
Please help me need to do this tomorrow!
Thank you,
Rita

6 replies
tiggy2 Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 3:14pm
post #2 of 7

Attach with melted chocolate and it won't be touching the BC. Just put a little chocolate on the back of spidey.

TexasSugar Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 3:15pm
post #3 of 7

When did you do the color flow piece?

If is dry? If it is completely dry you can put it in the cake. It isn't going to melt into a puddle of goo. It may soften from the moisture in the buttercream but shouldn't melt.

Ritakk Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 3:23pm
post #4 of 7

I actually made it last night, hopefully it will be dry by tomorrow when I put everything together. I wonder if I can put some mini chocolate chips upside down on the frosting if it will hold it up a litte bit to keep from touching the icing? icon_smile.gif Thanks for the suggestion! I'm also going to make a BCFT tonight just in case something goes wrong with the color flow. It was my first! icon_smile.gif

TexasSugar Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 3:38pm
post #5 of 7

Ritakk, put it under a desk lamp or in an oven with just the light on and it will dry faster. Since you made it last night I'd wait until tomorrow to put it on the cake. Just do it before serving or pick up.

I have never put chocolate or sugar cubes under the ones I have done and haven't and a problem. Just don't close the cake up in an air tight container.

Ritakk Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 3:43pm
post #6 of 7

Texas Sugar, Thanks I will do that. Right now it's in a colder room than the whole house, don't know if that would make a difference or not. icon_biggrin.gif
By the way what diet are you on? I see you've lost some weight! I stopped smoking and gained 24 pounds! BOy do I need a support group right now! And a diet that works! icon_smile.gif
Thanks,
Rita

TexasSugar Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 3:47pm
post #7 of 7

I'd move it out of the colder room. The heat from the desk lamp or oven will help dry it out faster.

I'm not actually on a certain diet. I've just changed what I've been eating and making better choices. In The Lounge there is a thread, Weight Loss Help - With the Chunky Monkeys, the ladies there are all very supportive and they are part of the reason I am doing so good with the weight lose this year. icon_smile.gif Feel free to come join us, the thread has lots of great information.

You can also PM me and I'll get more detailed about what I think helps when it comes to losing weight. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%