Royal Icing Transfers And Boy Was That Stupid.

Baking By sweetcreationsbykimberly Updated 20 Mar 2010 , 2:45am by globalgatherings

sweetcreationsbykimberly Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 2:13pm
post #1 of 3

So I made the cupcakes for my husband as I posted last night and added the royal icing transfers. Last night I put them on a glass cake plate and them put the dome on. Well this morning when I got up and looked at them they had softened icon_surprised.gif . lol it was a mess icon_cry.gif . Well I think it happened because of the stupid thing I did icon_redface.gif . See I didn't save any royal icing to attach the toothpicks to the back so I used a glue...lol I thought no big deal they don't have to eat the transfer. lol All I can think is the glue must have caused it? I have put cookies with royal icing on them in there with no problems. So I guess it had to be the glue. Gee how stupid lolol

2 replies
TracyLH Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 2:31am
post #2 of 3

I am so very sorry that happened to you! icon_sad.gif I do know that a friend of mine who does RI transfers for cupcakes always needs to put them on at the very last minute as the buttercream will soften the transfer. You might have had softening too where the bottom touched the buttercream. icon_sad.gif Again, so sorry that happened! They were really so very, very cute!

globalgatherings Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 2:45am
post #3 of 3

O yea, I love royal icing, I would have definitely eaten that transfer even before the cupcake icon_wink.gif Those helicopters were cool thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%