Gum Paste Pansies

Decorating By bucimom1 Updated 24 Mar 2010 , 2:06am by bucimom1

bucimom1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bucimom1 Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 1:20pm
post #1 of 6

Hello everyone. I was wonder if any one had a video link or a good dvd/book to suggest on how to make gum paste pansies and other flowers. I have just recently mastered the rose, but now I have been asked to make a flower pot cake with pansies. I have never made one before so I am trying to get some help. Can any one out there help me?

5 replies
jamiekwebb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamiekwebb Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 1:27pm
post #2 of 6

Hmmm I have never seen a GP pansy but I have seen them in RI... I will be interested too if someone knows how to do them

cake-angel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake-angel Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 11:15pm
post #3 of 6

I don't know how to do them but I know James Roselle just taught a course on them last week.

Hey look at that - I found a pictorial right here on owr own cake central. Here is the link.

http://cakecentral.com/articles/79

Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 11:46pm
post #4 of 6

In Peggy Porschen's book, Pretty Party Cakes, there is a section that gives instructions on how to make pansies.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 12:02am
post #5 of 6

i love to make g/p pansies. the tutorial on c/c is a great way to make them. or just make them off the wire and lay on cake. so many ways. pansy cutters on all the sites that sell.

bucimom1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bucimom1 Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 2:06am
post #6 of 6

Thank you to everyone who made a suggestion! They have been so helpful and very informative. Thank you! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%