Can You Help Me Find An Old Forum Post...

Decorating By cocobean Updated 19 Mar 2010 , 7:06am by cocobean

cocobean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocobean Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 5:24am
post #1 of 7

I need help identifying an old conversation that was in a forum about a year ago. I need to find the gal who said this...

...oh what a rotten thing to do! Vindictive Erin thinks the brides mom needs to pay a little extra and up the design- although the mom ultimately couldn't have known that the cousin would steal the design! Are you making the cousin's cake as well? I would design another cake for the bride but also keep the other design on file as the cousin may be saying that just to cause stress.

I say go all out with pearls and diamonds! and set it on a pretty base like Earlene has here. (web site)

I would make it 5 tiers and have alternating tiers (bottom, middle, top) look like they were wrapped in long strings of pearls...completely covering the tier with some pearls, luster dust and then a design in pearls and diamonds on the other tiers to match her dress or do all tiers covered in pearls with wrapped broaches on the 2nd and 4th tiers like the LACE COVERED ONE IN THE PICTURE.

Also found these cakes with broaches...not sure who they are by though as the blog didn't identify.

(Outside of the box is a heck of a lot bigger than the inside. -Thomas J. Elpel

Me talking now.
Maybe you can help me find the person who has the quote from Thomas J. Elpel. Do you who has that quote as part of their signature? If I can find that person I can find a picture she posted in her conversation.

I really need it! Thanks sooo much!

6 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 6:01am
post #2 of 7

That would be dinas27:

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-615932-.html

Did a CC search using earlene and broaches and it came right up (next to your post). icon_smile.gif

HTH

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 6:10am
post #3 of 7

JanH I really think that you have a crystal ball... seriously.. it is amazing how quickly you find things. icon_lol.gificon_eek.gificon_surprised.gificon_lol.gif

cocobean Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 6:35am
post #4 of 7

O My Gosh!!! Thank you sooo sooo much!

Let me just ask anyone reading this, If you click on the link that JanH posted, and you see the pictures of cakes posted, do you think the LACE covering this cream colored cake is real LACE? Sold by the bolt?

I think it is real LACE sold by the bolt.

Thanks again JanH!

cocobean Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 6:39am
post #5 of 7

...this is one of my practice LACE cakes.
LL

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 6:54am
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocobean

Thanks again JanH!

You're most welcome, cocobean. icon_biggrin.gif

And I just "feel" that sugarveil was used to make that cake (or some variation of that system).

cocobean Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 7:06am
post #7 of 7

I guess that is possible Jan but THAT cake is the inspiration for my cake and my cake could be reproduced with a real fondant coverd cake underneath the lace.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%