What Kind Of Cookies Should I Make?

Baking By Sara789 Updated 20 Mar 2010 , 5:29pm by Sara789

Sara789 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sara789 Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 4:07am
post #1 of 9

Hello all you imaginative bakers/decorators. I'm desperately trying to come up with a clever cookie to make for my Philosophy department. I can't come up with anything other than apples or brains. There are great examples of both here on CC, but I'd like to come up with something "philosophical." I'm graduating and want to show my appreciation to the department in a clever and tasty way icon_smile.gif. Any thoughts?

8 replies
Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 4:55am
post #2 of 9

hmm - I voted for other because I think there is something better - I will think about it and get back to this thread! icon_smile.gif

LeckieAnne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeckieAnne Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 4:59am
post #3 of 9

Also voting for other. LOL don't think I'd want to eat brain cookies icon_smile.gif

Someone else asked about relax/spa cookie ideas earlier, and I suggested just cookies with words on them, like conversation hearts sort of - would something like that work. Great philosophers names or key words or phrases?

Good luck.

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 5:09am
post #4 of 9

Or even books with philosophical phrases or philosopher's names? I'm still thinking.

ButtacreamRose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ButtacreamRose Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 2:12pm
post #5 of 9

Other....
Lamp of Knowledge cookie.

Sara789 Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 3:22am
post #6 of 9

Thanks for the ideas. I'm still undecided. I do like the brain cookies, but I have a science background. I don't know that the philosophers will appreciate them the way I do. Like LeckieAnne wrote, I don't know if too many people would like to eat brains. Still thinking...

CeeTee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CeeTee Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 3:48am
post #7 of 9

Serious suggestion: "The Thinker" statue.

Warped suggestion: a goblet of Hemlock icon_lol.gif

But serious again....Philosephers don't associate with "brains" or "apples", that says Teacher or Scientist, not Philosipher. (ok, I can't spell tonight)

Other ideas I can think of are maybe Books or Quill pens.

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 4:12am
post #8 of 9

I think you should make QUESTION MARK cookies. Pondering the universe..human behavior...they question everything!!!

Sara789 Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 5:29pm
post #9 of 9

Hemlock...ha ha. I love it. Maybe some froth at the top icon_smile.gif. All these suggestions are great. I haven't thought of a lot of them. The brain idea comes from a philosophical question..."Are we just a brain in a vat?"

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%