Help With Live Cake Challenge Cake

Decorating By AfordRN Updated 3 May 2010 , 11:16pm by Elcee

AfordRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AfordRN Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 4:01am
post #1 of 7

I'm planning to compete in a LIVE cake challenge in April. The theme is royalty of fairy tales or nursery rhymes. I only get 2 hours to do this cake AND 4 10" rounds. Nothing can be made up ahead of time. We are allowed to use any medium ie: gumpaste/fondant, ect. Anyone have a great idea that won't take FOREVER to complete. I have ideas, but the time limit is a killer. I love making poured white choc shoes.....cinderella?

6 replies
mazz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mazz Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 12:38pm
post #2 of 7

Sorry, I don't have any suggestions - but I wanted to wish you luck. I'm sure some of the talented decoraters here will help you out. Please post the finished cake after the competition and tell us how you did. Good Luck.

AfordRN Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 1:07pm
post #3 of 7

Thanks so much for your support MAZZ. I'm pretty nervous about this, I've only been decorating for 1 year now. I think some of the other forums get more traffic, so maybe I'll repost in a different topic.

aussiecook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aussiecook Posted 2 May 2010 , 11:57pm
post #4 of 7

why not humpty dumpty sitting on the wall

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 3 May 2010 , 12:43am
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfordRN

I'm planning to compete in a LIVE cake challenge in April. The theme is royalty of fairy tales or nursery rhymes. I only get 2 hours to do this cake AND 4 10" rounds. Nothing can be made up ahead of time. We are allowed to use any medium ie: gumpaste/fondant, ect. Anyone have a great idea that won't take FOREVER to complete. I have ideas, but the time limit is a killer. I love making poured white choc shoes.....cinderella?

AfordRN, how did your competition go? I have entered a similar challenge to take place in a few weeks. We'll have 2 1/2 hours and our cakes can be iced or covered in fondant ahead of time and decorations can also be made ahead. Minimum of 2 tiers, wedding or other celebration.

AfordRN Posted 3 May 2010 , 1:00am
post #6 of 7

Follow this thread to see my cake. I wish I could of brought my own cake! The Sam's club cake was "hot" from sitting out in the sun, and just crumbled. I couldn't even get BC to still to it. Most of the fondant is on the house with a dab of BC and some piping gel!

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-6785969-.html#6785969

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 3 May 2010 , 11:16pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfordRN

Follow this thread to see my cake. I wish I could of brought my own cake! The Sam's club cake was "hot" from sitting out in the sun, and just crumbled. I couldn't even get BC to still to it. Most of the fondant is on the house with a dab of BC and some piping gel!

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-6785969-.html#6785969

Oh, sorry, I didn't realize there was 2 threads. Great cake, though, and congratulations!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%