How Was This Rose Made?

Decorating By Tellis12 Updated 21 Mar 2010 , 12:16am by Tellis12

Tellis12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tellis12 Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 2:57am
post #1 of 8

This is the latest gorgeous cupcake on Le Cupcake blog (lecupcake.blogspot.com) and I was wondering if anyone knows how these little roses were made. Anyone?
LL

7 replies
goodiegoddess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goodiegoddess Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 3:07am
post #2 of 8

just my guess........ looks like small petal was used and they were dried on the back of a spoon, then "glued" together?????

Anyone have another idea?

Cookie4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie4 Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 3:08am
post #3 of 8

OK - you'll think I've lost my mind but over a year ago I saw this rose on a pair of shoes and took a pic with the cell phone. Went home and made it out of fondant.

I started out with a ball of fondant gum glued to a toothpick. Then I made circles out of three sizes of fondant. I attached them to the ball on the toothpick the next day overlapping each slightly over the previous circle (petal).

I gradually increased the size of the petals and placed each petal round higher than the center so it would make the center section lower than the top layer. I hope that makes sense, it's really quite easy. Good luck!

JessDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JessDesserts Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 3:19am
post #4 of 8

Have you asked Kylie?

Tellis12 Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 12:36am
post #5 of 8

Thanks for the responses.

Cookie, how did you dry the petals? Do you happen to have a photo of the roses you made?

Jess, no, I didn't even think to ask her. that might be a good place to go, lol.

AKS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKS Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 2:33am
post #6 of 8

Tellis: if you find out, please pot it-they are gorgeous and I'd love to make them, too! icon_biggrin.gif

Cookie4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie4 Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 2:44am
post #7 of 8

First I made a ball of gumpaste and/or fondant and using gum glue attached it to a toothpick (actually it was one of those 3-4" wooden picks). I let it dry overnight until hardened.

Then I attached the smaller inner circles using gum glue. Again I let it dry, probably an hour or so (am am impatient and don't like to wait overnight). I attached the medium circle petals and again waited for them to dry. Attached the larger circle petals and voila - a finished round rose. No, I'm sorry I never took a picture of it because I wouldn't use it that often. I did see another picture of it here on CC and will try to find for you.

Tellis12 Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 12:16am
post #8 of 8

Cookie, those instructions are great. I'm going to have to try them sometime soon.

AKS, I'll post a photo if I do them!

Thanks everyone!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%