Frustrated With Myself

Decorating By Kitagrl Updated 19 Mar 2010 , 3:52am by Loucinda

Kitagrl Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 2:14am
post #1 of 7

Lately it seems like I'm a terrible scatterbrain (worse than usual!).....and its so frustrating! I feel like I make stupid mistakes and forget things so badly. Today I carved a 3D animal cake (sitting up) in prep for fondant tomorrow. I got it all done and iced, and the structure is okay (not the best, but it should hold fine). Then I was cleaning up and found a small round cardboard that I had cut to fit the midsection of the cake. Huh? I thought sure I remembered placing it.

So I went and dug my finger into the side of the cake to see if I put it in there and nope! There were bubble tea straws and a round of wax board!!!! And to take the entire thing apart to add it would be disaster. I think the cake itself will be okay as its a dense sturdy cake recipe that was used...but its just a matter of I wanted it to be a bit easier to serve..the boards kind of mark where to cut the first half so that then the bottom half can be served. *sigh* I guess I'll just pretend to the customer that it was supposed to be that know..."the wax paper marks where you stop cutting the top half and the straws are in there for support..." And not really mention there is supposed to be a BOARD in there? icon_sad.gif (Even though they are going to be covered in chocolate frosting by the time they are done serving....) Is that what you would do? And then same cake, I meant to use a double board for a portion of the support and I forgot and used a single board (inside the cake, it would take too long to explain why and what for...)

My head is just aching now, wondering why I make such foolish mistakes? I'm always forgetting stuff I need too...I make such a comprehensive list every Sunday for my errands day every Monday...I write everything down I have to do every day..and still I end up sending hubby out for this or that, that I forgot.

I've always been just a tad scatterbrained but oh man lately I get so disgusted with myself. thumbsdown.gif

6 replies
KKristy Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 3:00am
post #2 of 7

Don't be so hard on yourself....everyone is entitled to a few "off" days.
Maybe you are just tired and doing too much...when I over schedule myself, I always become more forgetful - I think it's the brain's way of saying ' slow down a bit'.
You always do such beautiful work and give wonderful advice and suggestions to everyone here.... you are appreciated! Be good to yourself girl !

Kitagrl Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 3:04am
post #3 of 7

Aww thanks....

I just know how messy its going to be to serve this cake now that I forgot the board inside. Oops. icon_cry.gif

Oh well!

LeckieAnne Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 3:12am
post #4 of 7

Awww -- {{hugs}}. We all have bad days! And KKristy is right - I've gotten advice from you many times, and it is greatly appreciated!

Tomorrow will be better! Chin up, it'll be ok. icon_smile.gif

CeeTee Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 3:28am
post #5 of 7

*waves pompoms* GO YOU!

Been there...we all have days like that! icon_smile.gif and who knows, maybe it wont be such a big mess after all?

Kitagrl Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 3:32am
post #6 of 7
Originally Posted by CeeTee

*waves pompoms* GO YOU!

Been there...we all have days like that! icon_smile.gif and who knows, maybe it wont be such a big mess after all?

Ehhhh well when there's nothing but a thin sheet of wax paper to stop their knife....yeah it will be messy. haha. Oh well!

I really appreciate all the nice comments though. icon_smile.gif

Loucinda Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 3:52am
post #7 of 7

I agree with all the above, don't be so hard on yourself. Your work is always spot on! Just get a good nights sleep and tomorrow is a new day! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%