Read This If You Have Serious Stretch Marks...

Lounge By Mug-a-Bug Updated 22 Mar 2010 , 1:01am by kellertur

Mug-a-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mug-a-Bug Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 12:22am
post #1 of 6

My doctor just prescribed me Retin-A for my out-of-hand stretch marks. (Thank you Son) All this time and I didn't know there was a cream to get rid of them!!! After a little research, I guess this stuff really works wonders on stretch marks and loose skin. I know there are a lot of other mommies on this site, so I had to share! And the best part is; since it's actually for the treatment of acne, my insurance covered it and it only cost me 5 bucks!!!

5 replies
DragonFly2333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DragonFly2333 Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 6:52pm
post #2 of 6

I've used RA my whole life due to acne and although the acne got the best of me at times, using RA payoff--- I def have the least amount of lines among my friends. Soooo you might want to dab some of that on your face each night. icon_biggrin.gif

And yes, my dr suggest using it on any scar. I used it after a case of poison ivy this past summer and those marks are long gone.

JustToEatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustToEatCake Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 7:37pm
post #3 of 6

Just make sure you don't get preg while using it! It has a high incidence of birth defects.

kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 12:16am
post #4 of 6

I LOVE my tummy stretch marks from my pregnancy!! I consider them (along with my Ceasarean scar) a right of passage. I would never try to get rid of mine. princess.gif

AKS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKS Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 11:55pm
post #5 of 6

keller: you are a better woman than I. I love my kids to bits, but the s'marks are grotesque. My B&*^^tchy skinny sister (whom I love dearly, actually) didn't get any-I'm soooo jealous!

kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 1:01am
post #6 of 6

I'm not better...it's just my experience. icon_smile.gif I am lucky though and don't have loose skin from the stretching. It's all individual. I just happen to love mine, and I can still see the very first one I got, a L-shaped one. I was at the chiropractor's office and had to have him confirm that was what it was. I also have a skinny sister. I was always the healthy, muscular one...so she made my life hell. But she's now got mega mental problems...so I think I'm happy where I am.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%