Wasc Cake From 50# Bags Of Cake Mix

Baking By jbaker1 Updated 20 Mar 2010 , 1:01am by sillywabbitz

jbaker1 Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 7:31pm
post #1 of 7

I own a small bakery and have been slowly growing to the point that it isn't really feasible to buy boxes of cake mix anymore. So I've now bought a 50 lb bag of white mix. I am hoping someone out there can help me figure out how to make WASC taste like it did when I was using the boxes, but with the big bags? Help?

6 replies
indydebi Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 7:39pm
post #2 of 7

it's probably just a matter of doing the math. A cake mix is one batch of batter. How much of the big bag is needed to make one batch of batter? Then doctor that per the wasc recipe.

jbaker1 Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 8:31pm
post #3 of 7

My understanding is that the 50 lb bag also has egg and some other ingredients already in it. I tried substituting mix for mix, and it came out too sweet and different texture-wise...

Roxybc Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 12:33am
post #4 of 7

Sorry, but what is WASC?

icer101 Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 12:45am
post #5 of 7

i would guess that you could weigh the same amt. from the 50lb. bag according to the weight of the bag in the box. hth

kakeladi Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 12:56am
post #6 of 7

I used 50#ers all the time. My mixer wasn't big enough, nor did I usually have enough orders to make up a whole bag at one time. I just *weighed* out all my ingredients. Sorry , it's been too long since I've done it to remember the amounts to help you out.

sillywabbitz Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 1:01am
post #7 of 7

Doesn't the 50lb bag come with instructions. You will definately need to weigh out the mix then if the eggs are already included then you would leave those out but still add the sour cream, liquid sugar and flour. Maybe if you post the mix instructions we can help you from there.

Quote by @%username% on %date%