Haven't Done A Wedding Cake In 9 Years!

Decorating By SweetEmotions Updated 18 Mar 2010 , 5:15pm by leah_s

SweetEmotions Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 4:58pm
post #1 of 4

Someone very special asked me to do a cake for her son's wedding (love the groom) It's the Natural Elegance cake that JamieBrooke did, beautiful job Jamie. They want a 6-8-12 done as cheaply as possible of course.
The prob is it has to be stacked, decorated in buttercream, no fondant and transported 2 hours away the day BEFORE the wedding without me. As if I'm not stressing enough, the reception is outdoors in October in Southern Indiana. Only God know's what the weather will be like. How on earth am I going to pull this off? I have no idea how to support it let alone for that kind of trip. What if the buttercream just decides to melt or the decorations run? There's not one soul there to "fix" a thing. My head hurts just writing this. Should I just shoot myself now?

3 replies
MrsPound Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 5:09pm
post #2 of 4

Tough decision. I don't see how it is very possible... you can't deliver it, and you can't stack it...? Eh, if you do decide to do it, tell them you are not responsible for it, but I don't see how it would be fully decorated without you stacking it.

Good luck!

Renaejrk Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 5:11pm
post #3 of 4

My suggestion would be to do a cake where the different "tiers" are actually on separate plates - not plate and pillar though - but one of the pretty stands that has separate plates for them to sit on. Then you can get the cakes ready, box each one up separately, and all they have to do is set each one on the stand icon_smile.gif

leah_s Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 5:15pm
post #4 of 4

Southern Indiana? Practically in my front yard.

Anyhoo, SPS is what you're looking for. It was developed for bakeries who don't deliver, so that customers (cake civilians) could transport their own stacked cakes.

info below
|
|
|
V

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%