Airbrush Question

Decorating By aggiechef Updated 18 Mar 2010 , 7:29pm by tiggy2

aggiechef Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 2:38pm
post #1 of 6

I'm looking at the possibility of getting an airbrush and wanted some feedback on one that I found.

Would something like this work on cakes?
Are Americolor airbrush colors water based "paint"?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
cake-angel Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 5:03pm
post #2 of 6

I would not go with that particular style of airbrush for cake decorating. A gravity feed airbrush is much nicer to work with instead of a suction feed. (Gravity feed has a tiny cup on the top of the airbrush) There is a new one out that Nicholas Lodge is selling that also has a moisture trap. First airbrush he has ever liked. I don't know the brand name of that one yet. I the smallest compressor that Kopycake sells and love it but I know people who love their larger version as well.

Americolor Airbrush Colors are basically a thinner more liquid form of color so it sprays easily through the airbrush but they are still very strong color and dry quite quickly.

cake-angel Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 5:29pm
post #3 of 6

Check this link out. There is a video showing Roland Windbeckler using the airbrush he reccomends.

aggiechef Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 5:37pm
post #4 of 6

OMG those faces he drew with that airbrush were AMAZING!!!! icon_eek.gif

Thanks so much for the recommendations cake-angel. I'm going to do a little more looking around.

cake-angel Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 7:18pm
post #5 of 6

You are welcome. It took me a long time to decide what I needed before I got mine. Roland's book on airbrushing is one of the best I have seen so far as well.

tiggy2 Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 7:29pm
post #6 of 6

I have the airbrush Roland uses and I love it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%