What Should I Write Message With?

Decorating By cakesrock Updated 18 Mar 2010 , 4:39pm by jobueno

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 12:52pm
post #1 of 2

I have 3 tiered retirement cake with gumpaste silhouettes cut out with cookie cutters on wires on the top (shoe, golf ball and airplane) to represent my coworkers 3 loves. I want to incorporate "Happy Retirement Linda". My original plan was to paint on them (one word on each symbol) , but the golf ball has divets, so that would not work. I need something thicker than paint.
They are only 2-3 inches in diameter, so there's not a lot of space. I'm pretty good at painting/writing with fondant but my piping skills are not good.
Any suggestions of what I could use? What would look the best and what color. The shoe is the color shown, the airplane is brown and the golf ball is white.
Is chocolate easier to pipe with than BC?
TIA! icon_smile.gif
LL

1 reply
jobueno Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jobueno Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 4:39pm
post #2 of 2

you could use rubber stamps and gel food colors as ink. Or just make a banner from fondant or chocolate that will go at the base of "her loves" and pipe on that. If it doesn't turn out right just start over and you wouldn't ruin anything.
By the way, if those cookies are on wires and stuck right into the cake I would recommend using some stirring straws to place in the cake and then the wires inside the straws. You can fix them in place with a little chocolate drizziled inside the straw if you need to. but I have heard and read that wires in a cake are a big no, no. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%