Buy Edible Image Cupcake Toppers In Uk

Decorating By Roxybc Updated 18 Mar 2010 , 2:57pm by cakeaddictunite

Roxybc Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 12:32pm
post #1 of 5

I live in the UK and have been asked to make 150 cupcakes with my company logo on them. I've never used the edible photos before, so I've got 2 questions:

1: Does anyone know a place in the UK that can produce the cupcake toppers with logo on them for a reasonable price? Most places I've seen online are selling them anywhere between £6-£12 for a sheet of 12!!! This is way to expensive. I've also seen a online store that sells edible ink for your printer and the edible sheets so I could do it at home myself - provided my printer is compatable. Has anyone tried this before? How easy is it? I'm worried I'd mess it up.

2: Once I have the printed logos, how do I go about placing them on top of a buttercream swirl? The only kind of fondant I have experience working with is MMF, and my MMF flowers and flat heart cutouts wilted when I put them on the buttercream because they absorbed the moisture. Would something like gumpaste work better? Is there anything I can do to the MMF to make it stay hard?

I've got to get back to the person within the next couple of days, so I need to figure this out rather quickly.

Thanks very much.

4 replies
60sBunny Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 2:01pm
post #2 of 5

Hi There.

toptastictoppers.co.uk

I found my supplier on ebay, I called them up and e-mailed over the log for my work, and they printed them off and posted them next day delivery that night, we had problems with the paypal payment and everytime they had a query they picked up the phone, excellent cuctomer service.

They are £4 for 35. But I am sure you could negotiate with them as you ar eprinting so many of the same desgn.

As for placing the toppers, they do not come precut, so be prepared for some fiddly cutting. The cirlces I had were the exact same size as as the bottom of a wilton 1m tip, I also have ateco tips and many of these worked too, i used standard white fondant and cut out the discs and left them flat to dry on a little icingsugar and cornflour mix to dry for 24 hours

you can then use a dab of water to secure the rice paper to the fondant and the pop right on, no melting experiences here.

Hope that helps

jobueno Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 2:01pm
post #3 of 5

Hi roxybc. I can't help you with the first question as I live in the US not IK but I can aoffer this:

How about you use small cookies on a stick. Just use a cookie glaze and you can hand paint or draw your company logo on top of the dry glaze then place the cookie in the cupcake as a topper. You can use food coloring markers for your logo or gel food coloring diluted with a little alcohol to use as paint. Make a template if you're not good a free-hand and trace your design onto your cookie and then paint.

There are many ways to do this without having the extra expense. HTH icon_biggrin.gif

endymion Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 2:45pm
post #4 of 5

You cannot just pop the food coloring cartridges into your current printer -- that is not food-safe. You have to buy a special printer and ONLY use it for the edible images. At least, that is my understanding of the process.

cakeaddictunite Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 2:57pm
post #5 of 5

unless you want to be liable for people getting sick a.k.a popping a edible ink cartrage in a printer thats been used for regular printing~I would go with some place that does the printing for you.HTH icon_razz.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%