Need Ideas For A "relaxation" Decorated Cookie

Baking By jlh Updated 19 Mar 2010 , 3:22pm by LeckieAnne

jlh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlh Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 4:29am
post #1 of 9

Elemenary school Teachers' Luncheon. The theme is "Sweet Escape". Table centerpieces will be decorated with stones/pebbles and candles. They are going for a spa, relaxation sort of feel. Men and women staff..so they don't want nail polish, lipstick or cucumbers on the face. By "sweet", they don't mean candy...they mean sweet as in "ahhh, this is SWEET!" Cookies will be passed out to teachers as a favor.

ANY IDEAS???

8 replies
LeckieAnne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeckieAnne Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 5:22am
post #2 of 9

Well - lavender popped into my head for relaxation/spa theme. Can you flavor cookie glaze with lavendar (I don't know, never tried).

Or how about relaxing words - relax, peace, breath, rest, hope, inspire, dream, sing - kinda' like conversation hearts. Ice them in relaxing colors - lavendar, pale blue, yellow. I'd make them real plain and simple - too elaborate and it would negate the theme really.

Chasey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chasey Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 5:43pm
post #3 of 9

I picture a mossy colored glaze on a sugar cookie with either bamboo (for the male teachers) or cherry blossoms on top. Very zen. icon_smile.gif

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 6:55pm
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeckieAnne

how about relaxing words - relax, peace, breath, rest, hope, inspire, dream, Ice them in relaxing colors - lavendar, pale blue, yellow. I'd make them real plain and simple - too elaborate and it would negate the theme really.

I LOVE this idea!!

jlh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlh Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 7:37am
post #5 of 9

Oh, these are great ideas. Any idea on where to get lavendar oil to flavor the icing...or cookie?

Chasey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chasey Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 11:55am
post #6 of 9

Pricey, but a little would go along way since it's concentrated oil.

http://www.countrykitchensa.com/catalog/product.aspx?productId=635424

What would that taste like in icing? I've never had it and I imagine it to be kind of floral, but I guess not, right? (my palette equates floral with a soapy taste for some reason!)

LeckieAnne Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 2:32pm
post #7 of 9

I have a hardware store that sells the Lorann's (I believe that name is correct). I don't use it myself - but I've seen it talked about a lot. I wouldn't think it would take but a drop or so. If you can find it local it would be worth playing with. I'm not sure I would order it either and pay shipping for an experiment.

But, good luck!

TitiaM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TitiaM Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 2:49pm
post #8 of 9

I use lavender all the time in cooking. It's great in chocolate. I think it might work better in the cookie than the icing. Probably, you just want a hint of it. (If you're using it in the cookies you could probably just use crushed, or ground lavender flowers)

LeckieAnne Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 3:22pm
post #9 of 9

Oh yeah - probably would be good in the cookies. Maybe you can find lavendar in an organic or health food store. Might want to call around.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%