Good Recipe For Raspberry Filling Using Seedless Preserves?

Baking By cakiemommie Updated 18 Mar 2010 , 5:03pm by TexasSugar

cakiemommie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakiemommie Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 12:23am
post #1 of 7

Hello.. I'm looking for a raspberry filling recipe that doesn't require fresh or frozen raspberries... I would prefer not to use cream cheese and would prefer to use seedless preserves...

any help??

6 replies
bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 12:25am
post #2 of 7

I just mix them in with vanilla buttercream to make a "raspberry creme" filling -- works just fine and taste waaaaay better than that goo in a sleeve. icon_biggrin.gif

ayerim979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ayerim979 Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 12:40am
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

I just mix them in with vanilla buttercream to make a "raspberry creme" filling -- works just fine and taste waaaaay better than that goo in a sleeve. icon_biggrin.gif

I do the same thing, just mix the jelly/preserves with a daash of my Bc and its awesome.

FACSlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FACSlady Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 12:47am
post #4 of 7

Me too. People rave about it; they think it's raspberry mousse. I don't bother to tell them how easy it is.

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 12:52am
post #5 of 7

I've used straight up raspberry jam (heated and pressed thru a sieve to remove seeds since I couldn't find seedless) and it worked great. I mixed a little of that Ball brand gelling stuff in with it so it wouldn't be so runny after it cooled and it made a great filling.

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 1:13am
post #6 of 7

I picked up on a filling here from someone and have used it constantly...

One jar jam (raspberry, etc) and then use matching jello. Heat the jam up in the micro just until it is warm, then mix in the jello until dissolved. You can even put it back in the jar to store. It is wonderful, don't have to worry about it going bad and it is really good!!! How easy is that!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 5:03pm
post #7 of 7

I just use the preserves out of the jar, nothing added to it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%