How Much To Charge For Gumpaste Flowers

Decorating By Cjusarmy Updated 19 Mar 2010 , 5:07am by tavyheather

Cjusarmy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cjusarmy Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 12:09am
post #1 of 5

Hey Everyone,

I have a friend that wants me to make 70 cupcakes and have them on a stand that allows the cupcakes to cascade down it. But she wants them to be decorated with assorted gumpaste flowers ranging from Roses, plumerias, Lillies, stargazers, hibiscus and miniture flowers with foliege too. . So when it is all pust together it'll look like a cascade of flowers with 40 on the stand and 30 scattered around the bottom of the stand. . So, how much would you all charge for something like this?? Please help!!

Thank you,
CJ

4 replies
cakemakerkevin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemakerkevin Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 10:46pm
post #2 of 5

well to give ya an idea i charge 25.00 per hr on fondant anything . flowers especially... people have to pay for quality work

malene541 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
malene541 Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 11:03pm
post #3 of 5

I don't know what your friend does for a living but I would say she can't afford it if you want to be fair to yourself. A lot of "non-cake decorater" people think since it's only little cupcakes then it should be cheap. They have no idea how much time and effort go into flowers and such.
You could tell her "how about I'll throw in free cupcakes but the flowers are $25.00 an hour". You would still make a ton of money!

tavyheather Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tavyheather Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 5:06am
post #4 of 5

oh hey! you're near me!

gumpaste flowers are exorbitantly expensive and time-consuming...I would think that would be prohibitively expansive...did she throw a figure at you? Does she have a budget?

tavyheather Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tavyheather Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 5:07am
post #5 of 5

expansive works...but I meant expensive icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%