Gumpaste Question

Decorating By CaKKes Updated 17 Mar 2010 , 7:39pm by TexasSugar

CaKKes Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 7:27pm
post #1 of 3

I deided to try using gumpste for the first time. I bought the wilton package that has the cutout for the petals and a few tools. I also bought ready to use gumpaste since I was just trying to learn how to use it. It said white gumpaste but when I opened it up it was more of a tan color. Is that the color it is suppose to be. That makes it diffcult when you are trying to make white flowers. BTW, it was not wilton's brand. Thanks for any help.
Kerry

2 replies
Texas_Rose Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 7:36pm
post #2 of 3

When I've used Wilton's gumpaste, it was a pinkish tan color. I usually use Nicholas Lodge's recipe and make my own because it's so easy to do and inexpensive that way. It comes out a nice bright white. One of my friends had some Satin Ice gumpaste and it was bright white too.

If the cutter set you bought is the one with the wooden sticks for modeling tools, you need to get a plastic or metal ball tool to make things come out right. Those wooden sticks are a bad joke.

TexasSugar Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 7:39pm
post #3 of 3

Wilton's looks off white while it is still 'wet'. Once dry though, it is whiter.

You said it wasn't Wilton's brand but it could be the same thing. Have you let some dry yet?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%