Post Your Cake Cake Websites...

Lounge By cocobean Updated 7 Apr 2010 , 2:01am by Rylan

cocobean Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 6:38pm
post #1 of 24

Hi all, I'm thinking of doing a website and would love to look at all of yours. I have no idea where to start. My son knows how to do these and will be doing it for me. He needs me to send him some ideas. Thanks so much! I'm excited to take a look at you experts and how these are done. thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

23 replies
Teenz Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 3:10am
post #2 of 24

I don't have a website as such cocobean but I use a blog format as its easy for me to keep updated. But a website is always nice for a professional purely custom look =)
I'm still mucking around with a few ideas of the look of mine...

http://tinaneill.blogspot.com/

cocobean Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 3:55am
post #3 of 24

Teenz thanks so much for posting your blogsite. It was very fun to look at and your cakes were great! (Rainbow cake looks sooo yummy) Thanks for the inspiration. icon_smile.gif I really liked the background on the site to.

ninatat Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 4:02am
post #4 of 24

hi ok i have to ask how did you do the rainbow cake thanks

Teenz Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 4:09am
post #5 of 24

Really simple just seperate cake mix into bowls and add food colouring and bake! icon_smile.gif

DeeDelightful Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 4:13am
post #6 of 24

Go to the member list and if someone has a website, usually it's listed there or has a www link that you can click on.

globalgatherings Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 4:31am
post #7 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teenz

Really simple just seperate cake mix into bowls and add food colouring and bake! icon_smile.gif

wow, that is very cool. I don't do cakes, but I just may have to try this. Thanx for the directions thumbs_up.gif That would be a really fun cake to do for St. Paddys Day

Teenz Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 4:33am
post #8 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by globalgatherings

Quote:

wow, that is very cool. I don't do cakes, but I just may have to try this. Thanx for the directions thumbs_up.gif That would be a really fun cake to do for St. Paddys Day

you can always do rainbow cupcakes if you didnt want to do a big cake.
I still want to make some cuppies with rainbow in them!

globalgatherings Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 4:40am
post #9 of 24
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

great idea, o yes I'll definitely try the cupcakes first. Do you just use a white cake mix?

OP, sorry for hijacking the thread icon_redface.gif

Teenz Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 4:42am
post #10 of 24
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

great idea, o yes I'll definitely try the cupcakes first. Do you just use a white cake mix?

OP, sorry for hijacking the thread icon_redface.gif

I bake from scratch but anything that is a light coloured batter would work.

MARYNES Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 4:46am
post #11 of 24

Mine is not very professional since I did it myself and didn't have any experience in websites but I did my best to get it very pretty. Hope you like it!!

www.mmcakecreations.com

LeckieAnne Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 4:51am
post #12 of 24

Well I'm really only a hobby baker and for friends and family - but I do post my cake pics on my personal site. I really love the new gallery I made - and my site is all done free. I use google sites for my site - my pics are on google photos - and I used cooliris to create the gallery - also free. icon_smile.gif

http://sites.google.com/site/lesliebeaudry/the-cakes

globalgatherings Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 2:22pm
post #13 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeckieAnne

Well I'm really only a hobby baker and for friends and family - but I do post my cake pics on my personal site. I really love the new gallery I made - and my site is all done free. I use google sites for my site - my pics are on google photos - and I used cooliris to create the gallery - also free. icon_smile.gif

That looks great thumbs_up.gif and it's free thumbs_up.gif love all your cakes but I have to say the princess crown on the pillow, really cool icon_biggrin.gif

mandymakescakes Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 3:49pm
post #14 of 24

I'm with LeckieAnne, only a hobby baker and do not do this for profit, but caking is still my art. I share it with my friends and family and fellow CCers at www.mandymakescakes.com. I got my domain name through GoDaddy and I host my site on Squarespace... there's even an iPhone app for that, seriously. icon_razz.gif

Hillywu Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 6:06pm
post #15 of 24

Mandy, just wanted to say I love your website! Very nice! Wonderful cakes!

Hillary

TexasSugar Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 6:15pm
post #16 of 24

My suggestion is go to google and search cake websites and make a note of what you like and don't like. You can then take the componets that you like and put them together in a way that works for you.

mandymakescakes Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 6:58pm
post #17 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillywu

Mandy, just wanted to say I love your website! Very nice! Wonderful cakes!

Hillary

Thank you, Hillary! That's so very sweet of you to say! I have to owe the design to Squarespace, it's super, super simple to use! The photgraphy is a mix of mine and of Awesome Boyfriend's... he's great for that and for driving me around on deliveries and, well other things, too. icon_wink.gif

jescapades Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 9:12pm
post #18 of 24

here's mine, if anyone wants it.

www.saltboxcakes.com

tavyheather Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 9:37pm
post #19 of 24
Quote:

I don't have a website as such cocobean but I use a blog format as its easy for me to keep updated. But a website is always nice for a professional purely custom look =)

WOW! such cute cakes!! LOVE the rainbow cake..and the order info spot on the right...what blog app did u do for that???

Teenz Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 9:12pm
post #20 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by tavyheather

Quote:

WOW! such cute cakes!! LOVE the rainbow cake..and the order info spot on the right...what blog app did u do for that???

Thankyou, Tavyheather I just used blogspot to design it.
Took me lots of fiddiling but eventually got something I am happy with.

cylstrial Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 3:53am
post #21 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeckieAnne

I think the cool iris thing on your site is really neat! I like it a lot! icon_biggrin.gif

momto3frogsand1princess Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 11:49am
post #22 of 24

http://yoursweetmemoriesbakery.webs.com/

Good Luck! This 1 was already pre-designed and its all free. All I had to do was fill in the blanks, lol.

Kiddiekakes Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 1:33pm
post #23 of 24

Here is mine...It also is a free web hosting site but I pay $49.99 a year for the bandwidth and other upgrades.

www.freewebs.com/kiddiekakes/

Rylan Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 2:01am
post #24 of 24

You all have such nice websites!

Here is mines: www.artandappetite.com

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%