Fondarific

Decorating By sweettreat101 Updated 6 May 2010 , 1:38pm by Jenn2179

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 5:20pm
post #1 of 10

I have been reading some old posts about the product now I'm not sure if I want to try if on a wedding cake. One poster said that after the cake was kept in the fridge and taken out to serve the fondant started sweating and got sticky. Has anyone else had this problem? Because of work I have to make the cake the day before the wedding and I don't want to open the fridge to a ruined cake before delivery. I didn't see anything on their website about not being able to store cakes in the fridge. The cake will be filled with a vanilla mousse so it has to be kept cold. TIA

9 replies
CakeandDazzle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeandDazzle Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 5:36pm
post #2 of 10

that happens to me with all fondant... i just take it out and not touch it until it dries....

Joanne1944 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joanne1944 Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 5:46pm
post #3 of 10

Maybe it was just me, but I had trouble with Fondarific. It was too soft and "stretchy" and hard to work with. I loved the flavors and colors, especially the ivory which tastes awesome. Even so, I went back to Satin Ice.
I try not to refrigerate. Here in Florida the humidity is so high. When you take anything out of the fridge or freezer, it pulls moisture from the air and actually gets wet even in air conditioning. I am always afraid the colors will run. I do freeze decorated cookies in airtight containers, but let them come to room temperature before I open the container.
I just received the new Massa fondant in Amethyst. The color is absolutely beautiful and doesn't fade. I watched a Nicholas Lodge demo using this fondant and loved it. I can hardly wait to use it.

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 6:11pm
post #4 of 10

I recently started using fondarific and to me, it was as stretchy as Satin Ice and I've had to relearn how to cover cakes. However, I can roll it 1/16" and never worry about tearing or elephant. If you are making fondant flowers or something, I recommend adding a little tylose or gumtex because it doesn't dry as fast or as hard as Satin ice. I do want to try the Massa by Albert Uster though.

LuvLyrics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LuvLyrics Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 7:24pm
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanne1944

Maybe it was just me, but I had trouble with Fondarific. It was too soft and "stretchy" and hard to work with. I loved the flavors and colors, especially the ivory which tastes awesome. Even so, I went back to .
I try not to refrigerate. Here in Florida the humidity is so high. When you take anything out of the fridge or freezer, it pulls moisture from the air and actually gets wet even in air conditioning. I am always afraid the colors will run. I do freeze decorated cookies in airtight containers, but let them come to room temperature before I open the container.
I just received the new Massa fondant in Amethyst. The color is absolutely beautiful and doesn't fade. I watched a Nicholas Lodge demo using this fondant and loved it. I can hardly wait to use it.

Is Massa much more expensive? And is there a way to wacth Nicolas Lodge demo's online?

Thanks

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 7:29pm
post #6 of 10

If you aren't using a filling/frosting that needs refrigeration just leave it out on the counter.

linstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linstead Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 7:40pm
post #7 of 10

Or put your cake in a sealed box while in the frig. Should help prevent the moisture from getting to it.

themoxroxmysox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
themoxroxmysox Posted 6 May 2010 , 1:11pm
post #8 of 10

I would really like to try Fondarific. I've looked at their website and Google and can't seem to find out where, other than ordering it directly from Fondarific.com, I can buy it. Any advice? Thanks! icon_smile.gif

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 6 May 2010 , 1:21pm
post #9 of 10

GSA has a good price on it. I just got some yesterday icon_smile.gif

Jenn2179 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn2179 Posted 6 May 2010 , 1:38pm
post #10 of 10

I just ordered my first fondarific Tuesday afternoon and it arrived this morning. Hopefully I will be giving it a try soon. I ordered directly from the company and they were super nice. Plus for me the shipping was less than $9 for 25 lbs of the stuff. On another note I do LOVE Massa.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%