Stargazer Lilies Vs Casablanca Lilies

Decorating By fabfour Updated 18 Mar 2010 , 12:23am by fabfour

fabfour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fabfour Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 2:02pm
post #1 of 4

I have a wedding cake in 2 weeks that is to have white stargazer lilies on it. The bride said it has a little pink in the center, I have been looking for cutters and I found one but the veiner is very high. I found on another site the cutter and veiner for the casablanca lily. From everything I've seen, there isn't much difference but I would like someone elses opinion. Can I get away with buying the casablanca cutter to make the stargazer??

Thanks

3 replies
Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 9:19pm
post #2 of 4

I looked up casablanca lily cutter, and this was the first site I found. According to this, it is the same cutter for both.

http://www.cakecraftshop.co.uk/shop/2/77/116/221/index.htm

khoudek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khoudek Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 10:11pm
post #3 of 4

Botanically speaking the two lilies are the same except for color variations. They are both in the Oriental lily group. Cassablanca lily is a Oriental lily from Holland with white flowers and striking red stamens. Stargazer lily is a hybrid lily of the Oriental group which comes in a mix of white and deep pink/red colors. I can't imagine that you couldn't use the same cutters for these lilies. Just a matter of coloring them differently.

fabfour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fabfour Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 12:23am
post #4 of 4

Thanks so much!!! That is what I needed to know.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%