Question About Gumpaste Timeline & Storage...

Decorating By Wnt2BACakeStar Updated 17 Mar 2010 , 2:58pm by Wnt2BACakeStar

Wnt2BACakeStar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wnt2BACakeStar Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 5:15am
post #1 of 5

I have never worked with Gumpaste before but I have currently decided to do so. My question is I need to make some figurines ahead of time as the next three weeks will be super hectic for me. I need to know if the gumpaste figurines will hold up that long appr. 3 weeks or should I wait to make them? Are there any tips on how to store them for maximum "freshness" lol. I'm such a newbie I would appreciate the help! Thnx in advance

4 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 5:29am
post #2 of 5

Yes, they'll keep. They will keep for years as long as they're protected from damp, dust and light. To store them for three weeks I would just keep them in a box, maybe a cardboard cake box, so the dust doesn't get on them.

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 5:47am
post #3 of 5

when I make gumpaste roses,I usually make them a month in advance because it takes me an hour to do one....I am slow....and I place them on a strofoam square and place in china cabinet....they are fine ...............

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 6:17am
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wnt2BACakeStar

Are there any tips on how to store them for maximum "freshness" lol.

You don't really store gumpaste items for "freshness". Even though they "can" be eaten the aren't meant to be eaten. I have a supply of gumpaste flowers I keep in sealed plastic boxes that are 6months old.

Wnt2BACakeStar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wnt2BACakeStar Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 2:58pm
post #5 of 5

Lol I know but I used freshness for lack of a better term! Thank you ladies for the replies I'm going to go ahead and start making my figurines. Hopefully I wont have any issues and in the case that I do atleast I have this wonderful forum to refer to!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%