Anyone Have Newer Wilton Wedding Design Book, I Need Help!

Decorating By jenmat Updated 17 Mar 2010 , 2:04pm by DanaMae

jenmat Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 2:51am
post #1 of 8

A bride gave me a picture from page 54- the Fantasy Foliage (green and white with gumpaste leaves).
I live 45 minutes from any place that would have the book, and I would really like to get started on all those leaves this week if possible.
The directions for the cake are on page 63, and I just need to know how they made the ragged edges on the leaves. The pic is a copy and I can't tell if they just ruffled the edges, or had a press, or what.
Can anyone tell me what it says???
I would SOOOO appreciate it!

7 replies
Eisskween Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 3:10am
post #2 of 8

I have the book, but there is no page 63. It only goes up to 47. Nevermind, wrong book.

My best guess would be a cutter and then frill the edges. Those leaf presses are garbage, they don't work well.

jenmat Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 3:30am
post #3 of 8

i don't even have the presses. I am not a Wilton fan- but I was figuring I could improvise with what I have around here. I just wanted to see what they actually did before I improvised.
Thanks for looking though.

kaat Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 1:06pm
post #4 of 8

Can you give me the title of the book?

jenmat Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 1:34pm
post #5 of 8

wilton wedding style

DanaMae Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 1:55pm
post #6 of 8

I have the book. The instructions for the leaves are as follows....
Using leaf cut-outs, cut 75 small, 210 medium and 210 large leaves. Place on thin foam; score veins with veining tool. Pull out edges of leaves with dog bone tool.

Hope this helps!

jenmat Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 2:02pm
post #7 of 8


DanaMae Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 2:04pm
post #8 of 8

You're quite welcome!

Quote by @%username% on %date%