Large Twisted Bow??

Decorating By sweetdc Updated 18 Mar 2010 , 3:47am by sweetdc

sweetdc Posted 16 Mar 2010 , 4:39am
post #1 of 3

I have a big concern with a cake I have to make soon and I would appreciate some advice on how to make the bow and how to attach it to the cake. The bow is very large and has an unusual shape...I've attached the picture of the cake that I will try to reproduce,because is hard to explain icon_smile.gif
Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated, as I barely know how to make a small regular bow...
LL

2 replies
lanana Posted 16 Mar 2010 , 5:08pm
post #2 of 3

It looks like 2 twisted bows on front and one loop on back of it. maybe you need to make the twisted one together and let dry and the one loop separated. When they are dry, attach them to the cake with white chocolate. If you are using gumpaste, have it done 50/50 with fondant. take one small amount and rolled it thin, like if it for flowers.Cut your size depending on how big is the cake. make the loops (for 2 bows) twist them together and to hold the loops you can use cotton. make one loop the same way and let dry, attach them to the cake when you are ready. Some people prefer to let the bows dry on the already decorated cake, but it's kind of tricky if the gumpaste doesn't dry fast. HTH

sweetdc Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 3:47am
post #3 of 3

Thank you, I apreciate your help!
I was also wondering about the color added to the bow(I have to make it white with deep pink (almost burgundy)-instead of the gray...should I attach a thin layer of colored gumpaste on top of the white bow(before I make the loops?)
If I have to use this color(burgundy/pink-ish) and make the bow ahead of time, do you think the color will fade or change 2 weeks later?

Thanks againicon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%