Are You Cookie Obsessed?

Baking By GeminiRJ Updated 29 Mar 2010 , 2:43am by GeminiRJ

globalgatherings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
globalgatherings Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 3:16am
post #31 of 57

Kathik, I love all your creations, but my favorite is the latke in the frying pan. Just cracks me up and well done thumbs_up.gif

kathik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathik Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 3:46am
post #32 of 57

Thank you, globalgatherings! You are very sweet. I try to do my best and I aspire to someday make gorgeous cookies like so many of the artists here on CC, so I definitely appreciate your encouragement.

By the way I love your lightbulb cookies. I'm just waiting for a chance to make some for my hubby!

Thanks,
Kathi

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 11:09pm
post #33 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by globalgatherings

I need to join CCA(cookie cutter anonymous)! icon_surprised.gif

me too cookiemookie, love those cutters. I have pegboard with hooks that I hang all my cutters on. I'm very proud of my collection. No one else is tho. They think I'm crazy
icon_lol.gificon_cry.gif

I've seen that board, and I've been secretly jealous of it ever since!

Spectra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spectra Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 1:48am
post #34 of 57

Thanks to this site and especially to all of you I can officially say I am now converted from cake obsessed to cookie obsessed. icon_wink.gif

globalgatherings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
globalgatherings Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 2:38am
post #35 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiRJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalgatherings

I need to join CCA(cookie cutter anonymous)! icon_surprised.gif

me too cookiemookie, love those cutters. I have pegboard with hooks that I hang all my cutters on. I'm very proud of my collection. No one else is tho. They think I'm crazy
icon_lol.gificon_cry.gif

I've seen that board, and I've been secretly jealous of it ever since!

Thanx GeminiRj, I'm about to go and order some more cutters from ecrandal. Can't wait to hang them up. Wait, that's just weird, I like looking at them more than using them icon_redface.gif Susan, are welcome to use any of my cutters whenever you want thumbs_up.gif

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 1:52pm
post #36 of 57
Quote:
Quote:

hanx GeminiRj, I'm about to go and order some more cutters from ecrandal. Can't wait to hang them up. Wait, that's just weird, I like looking at them more than using them

icon_biggrin.gif I can relate. I use bright red ribbon to hang my copper Christmas/Winter cutters from garland in the kitchen at the holidays. I also place others atop door and window frames in the kitchen area.

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks to this site and especially to all of you I can officially say I am now converted from cake obsessed to cookie obsessed.

Welcome to our world!! icon_biggrin.gif

c8kdreemz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
c8kdreemz Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 4:12pm
post #37 of 57

I get ideas from sheets, pillow cases and blankets! I got a blanket for Christmas one year that had great designs for bulbs. I also get ideas when looking at shoes or clothes, or even from cakes. I like to see if I can do the cake design on a smaller scale ... princess.gif

GeminiRJ Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 1:39am
post #38 of 57

I once bought a store gift card for my parents and spent quite a bit of time choosing which of the numerous cards had the best design for making into a cookie! I, naturally, copied down the design before mailing off the gift card!

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 2:16am
post #39 of 57

2 things;
We recently bought a piece of furniture and the box it came in had the most beautiful font inside a damask type frame. I told my husband to cut that piece out of the cardboard box for me and he looked at me like i was crazy!

Also, i was at the store looking for a small area rug and actually chose one because i liked the design for a cookie. Weird.

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 12:33pm
post #40 of 57

I love cookies, finding/creating designs, cookie cutters, and since I am a fondant gal, all the wonderful mats and molds and patchwork cutters and any other toy you can name, has to be mine icon_lol.gif

luv2bake6 Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 1:09pm
post #41 of 57

linedancer, i was just looking at your edible image rectangle cookies and they are just beautiful. Do you use an airbrush for the borders or just brush on diluted luster dust. They are just too perfect to eat!

linedancer Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 2:27pm
post #42 of 57

Thanks,luv2bake6 the luster dust is just brushed on, dry. I don't own an air brush. I find that it is easier to brush the dust on the edges of the cookie, you don't have to cover where the edible image is going to be. Then place your edible image and I usually do some kind of embossing around the edge. This keeps most of the luster dust off the ei.

I just made some cookies, using this method, for my Mother. They are for a luncheon for the sewing ladies of her church. It has an ei of a Singer sewing machine, I will up load a pic of them as soon as I have time.

luv2bake6 Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 8:42pm
post #43 of 57

so you luster dry, then put the image in and then emboss? I can't wait to see the sewing machine cookies!

linedancer Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 10:02pm
post #44 of 57

Yes, that is how I do it. Here they or I should say it is. Am sending them to OH tomorrow, hope they don't arrive in crumbs icon_cry.gif
LL

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 12:55am
post #45 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by linedancer

I love cookies, finding/creating designs, cookie cutters, and since I am a fondant gal, all the wonderful mats and molds and and any other toy you can name, has to be mine icon_lol.gif

You too, huh? icon_lol.gif By the way I LOVE those sewing machine cookies! thumbs_up.gif

linedancer Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 2:08am
post #46 of 57

bobwonderbuns, yep, me too and thanks for the kind words. The sewing machine cookies really were not hard, but they decided to be contrary and did not want to dry. I did not realize it and put them away for the night, in layers. When I went to remove the wax paper, it stuck to some of the ies and I had to replace 5 of them..glad it wasn't more, I hate rework thumbsdown.gif

tmac670 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmac670 Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 2:30am
post #47 of 57

Guilty as charged.......... I got a piece of patterned tissue paper yesterday. I was getting ready to throw it away but the design caught my eye. In the box it went.

luv2bake6 Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 4:48am
post #48 of 57

linedancer, that cookie is absolutely beautiful! Sorry to hear about your having to replace a few due to sticking issues. I guess that's the good thing about using fondant; you can replace or add quite quickly.

linedancer Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 12:21pm
post #49 of 57

Yes, I just peeled them off and reapplied. I did have to print another page of the images. I cut them on my Silhouette, which is like a cricut. Got to love the toys icon_biggrin.gif

Lyns082608 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lyns082608 Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 12:45pm
post #50 of 57

My latest obsession with cookies seems to involve containers, pots, tins, anything that I can put cookies in when I give them as gifts. Either making them into a cookie bouquet or just to have something cute to put them in after they are bagged and tied. Dh just shakes his head when he sees me walk in with random stuff now! lol

GeminiRJ Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 12:52pm
post #51 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyns082608

My latest obsession with cookies seems to involve containers, pots, tins, anything that I can put cookies in when I give them as gifts. Either making them into a cookie bouquet or just to have something cute to put them in after they are bagged and tied. Dh just shakes his head when he sees me walk in with random stuff now! lol

Ditto! I have a cupboard downstairs chock full of containers! I got some super cute ceramic containers from a florist ($1 ea!) that are painted to look like tuxedo vests. I have no clue when I'll use them, but they're mine! And tons of holiday coffee mugs I got on sale....

luv2bake6 Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 1:00pm
post #52 of 57

Me too!! I've got shelves full of containers, boxes, planters, and baskets.

linedancer Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 1:53pm
post #53 of 57

Oh yeah, I forgot about all that stuff and trays too. I have a bag of Christmas containers, I got at Michaels for 90% off still sitting under the window in my craft room. Need to find someplace for them..

Alagoas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alagoas Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 2:55pm
post #54 of 57

icon_biggrin.gif I can relate to many of you...
I know I'm an addict because...

• I always write COOKIE with capital letters... I mean, COOKIES are really important to me, and if it means I'm screaming, well you can tell I'm a little excited about this theme...
    I love to be known as a COOKIER
    COOKIERS can plan/bake/ice/wrap ahead of time, so we actually have a life... a COOKIE life maybe, but still a life...
    I buy things because their images can make a good COOKIE
    I buy COOKIE Cutters "just in case"
    I make my own COOKIE Cutters
    I spend hours searching for clipart when I receive an order
    I know that I make good money from COOKIES, but many times I spend it on COOKIE thingies as soon as I get paid icon_cool.gif
    I'm sure I'll add to this list...

Have a nice day!

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 8:20pm
post #55 of 57

I think I really need help..... some kind of cookie obbsessers anonymous or something!

I was at the grocery store this morning, and all I kept thinking about was how I could make everything I saw into a cookie! veggies, fruits (favors we coming to mind), pasta, even the packaging on everything (especially in the Easter aisle and the aisle with napkins and tissues...

kneadacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneadacookie Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 1:00am
post #56 of 57

i've even got my kids looking now. bought my 9 year old some cute shorts with hearts embroidered all over. she said i really like this heart it would make a cute cookie

GeminiRJ Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 2:43am
post #57 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by kneadacookie

i've even got my kids looking now. bought my 9 year old some cute shorts with hearts embroidered all over. she said i really like this heart it would make a cute cookie

Yeah! I was sitting at the table looking thru the Sunday ads when one of my boys asked me if I was getting any cookie ideas. Sadly, I look at the ads more for the graphics than the sales!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%