Need Help Please!

Decorating By Bella-cakes Updated 16 Mar 2010 , 1:04am by Bella-cakes

Bella-cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bella-cakes Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 10:44pm
post #1 of 6

Hi Everyone, I was asked to make a cake for a friend, she wants the NY Mets baseball teams Home run apple. (I will try and uplong a pic) My problem is : the cake is for 40 people and I don't know how much cake to make. I was just going to make the hat cake, and the apple rice cripsy treats. Do you think this will be enough. btw I would use a 10 in. round for the hat..Thanks so much in advance for Any Help!! icon_biggrin.gif
LL

5 replies
dahir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dahir Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 11:11pm
post #2 of 6

10" round should serve 42 (1"X2") Slices
21 (2"X2") Slices

It depends on how big you want the slices to be.

Good Luck,
Tracy

Bella-cakes Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 11:35pm
post #3 of 6

do you think I should me 2 10in. double layer cakes, with a board inthe middle or is that way to much. I'm so afraid there wont be enough. I won't be there to cut it. Thanks again for the Help!

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 11:39pm
post #4 of 6

Well, just throwing in my opinion here.

I just cut up a practice 8 inch the other day, using IndyDebi's cutting guide, and I got 22 servings. Those were 1"X2". The slices looked plenty big to me, but I think some hardcore cake fans out there could eat a couple of them.

Any reason why you don't want to make the apple out of cake too? Perhaps a 10" double layer with an apple carved from an 8" would be enough.

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 16 Mar 2010 , 12:18am
post #5 of 6

I would use this chart: http://www.wilton.com/cakes/making-cakes/baking-party-cake-2-inch-pans.cfm . That is for party sized servings, you can check out the wedding cake chart if you want to serve smaller pieces of cake.

Bella-cakes Posted 16 Mar 2010 , 1:04am
post #6 of 6

Thank you all very much! I think I'm going to have to make the apple out of cake as well.. I thought it would be easier with RCT , I've never carved a cake that much, never time like the presant to learn..lol.. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%