Camo Cake

Decorating By maddyscreations Updated 18 Jun 2012 , 1:34pm by jamielynn24

maddyscreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maddyscreations Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 8:39pm
post #1 of 9

A bride sent me this picture wanting to know if I could make her a wedding cake with this print, I have no idea if they make a transfer sheet like this or how I would go about getting it. Please any information would be appreciated..
LL

8 replies
my3girlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
my3girlz Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 9:21pm
post #2 of 9

Could you just send a jpeg of the specific pattern to a cake photo printing company?

maddyscreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maddyscreations Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 9:24pm
post #3 of 9

I have never heard of a cake printing company???

sheilabelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheilabelle Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 11:12pm
post #4 of 9

Looks like an edible image. If you can find some scrapbooking paper with this print, you can have it made into an edible image at Wal-Mart for $5 for a 8x10 sheet.

dguerrant Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dguerrant Posted 16 Mar 2010 , 3:34am
post #5 of 9

I HAVE TO AGREE, IT LOOKS LIKE AND EDIBLE IMAGE, IT LOOKS LIKE THERE IS A SEAM ON THE TOP TEIR IN THE FRONT. THE SHEETS CAN BE CUT TO SIZE THEN APPLIED. I USE AN AIRBRUSH FOR MINE, BUT THIS IS A COOL IDEA, NEVER THOUGHT OF IT BEFORE. GOOD LUCK icon_smile.gif

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 16 Mar 2010 , 4:12am
post #6 of 9

Yeah, you can see the seams - it is an edible image.

jamielynn24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamielynn24 Posted 15 Jun 2012 , 3:30pm
post #7 of 9

So I am wondering how your cake came out & did you find the edible Sheets??? I have a grooms cake coming up the they want Camo around the hole cake so I would love to hear what you did for your cake!!

lorieleann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorieleann Posted 16 Jun 2012 , 10:41pm
post #8 of 9

jamielynn--you can send a file to Chef Rubber (google it--its a cake/sugar store based in Las Vegas) and they will print edible images on frosting sheets. I did a Native American pottery pattern on a wedding cake (in my gallery) and i used their printing on frosting sheets.

I also have a 'white' camo cake in my gallery done in fondant. A bit more elegant and less literal way to incorporate that pattern, if the bride is open to it.

jamielynn24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamielynn24 Posted 18 Jun 2012 , 1:34pm
post #9 of 9

Thank You!! I will email them & I will also check out your pics icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%