How Do I Put Ganache On The Bottom Of A Cake?

Decorating By imartsy Updated 16 Mar 2010 , 2:15am by imartsy

imartsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imartsy Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 7:21pm
post #1 of 6

I'm making a new concoction inspired by samoa girl scout cookies. I was going to try to make a butter (or at least yellow) cake from a cake mix. I've made some caramel and I've made some chocolate ganache and I have some coconut toasted.

I'm wondering now how to put it together... I was thinking about ganache on the bottom because I think that's how the cookie is kind of constructed... but I don't really know how that would work on a cake.

5 replies
Tiffany29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffany29 Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 7:36pm
post #2 of 6

Maybe put the ganache on the cake board before you lay the cake on it. Then bring it up over the edge of the cake, to look as if it was dipped in the ganache.
Just an idea icon_smile.gif

lngo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lngo Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 7:39pm
post #3 of 6

After stacking/filling the cake:
- layer ganache on one side of the cake
- let ganache cool/harden
- flip the cake over
- add other decorations

imartsy Posted 16 Mar 2010 , 1:48am
post #4 of 6

Thanks! Do you think I'll have any trouble cutting it and getting it off the board? I was trying not to use a board at all... just take it in the pan or something but that sounds too hard to cut.

Caths_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caths_Cakes Posted 16 Mar 2010 , 2:00am
post #5 of 6

im sorry if this sounds dumb but why would you want to put the ganache on the bottom of the cake?

imartsy Posted 16 Mar 2010 , 2:15am
post #6 of 6

it isn't dumb... it's something totally different that I was trying... not something I've seen before. Just trying to make it more like the samoa cookie.... maybe it's a bad idea...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%